University of Fort Hare
Hunterstoun Centre, Hogsback
Exciting opportunity for someone with energy who would enjoy expanding the reach of the Centre and facilitating the establishment of networks of leaders and potential leaders from different disciplines and from across Africa.
The University requires the services of an innovative and creative person with the ability to develop the Hunterstoun Centre into a unique African mountain retreat and educational centre that will maximize exquisite natural beauty for reflection, creativity, leadership development and environmental awareness training.
The Director will be the intellectual driver and the operational manager of the Centre who will:
- Provide creative vision and guidance for developing scholarly programmes
- Ensure the Centre’s financial sustainability through sound financial management and a creative mix of income streams, including fundraising
- Manage the Centre’s staff and day-to-day programmes
- With others, offer a variety of programmes that promote networking and creativity, including academic writing and grant application workshops
- Promote actively the University’s strategic objectives with reference to research, community engagement, internationalization and trans-disciplinary
- A PhD qualification or a sound accredited research output record and postgraduate supervision record, or experience running a large NGO or other relevant organisation
- Proven success in strategic planning, fundraising, networking and project management
- Experience in managing an organisation (e.g. Non-profit organisation, small business or research unit)
- Research experience and the ability to think critically and creatively
- Ability to fundraise, including proposal writing, donor liaison, etc.
- Facilitation skills
The following attributes will provide candidates with an added advantage:
- Willingness to live at the Hunterstoun Centre in Hogsback
- Conference management experience
- Experience in property development
- Practical skills in permaculture, water reticulation or renewable energy
Closing Date: This has been extended to 20 February 2015
To apply for the above posts: Applicants who meet the criteria are invited to:
- Forward an application with a covering letter clearly indicating the position you are applying for, with a complete CV, proof of remuneration and three work-related referees, to email@example.com.
- Applications must clearly indicate the name of the post applied for on the subject line.
- Applicants are urged to ensure that their applications reach the Human Resources Department before the closing date. Late applications will not be considered.
- Failure to comply with the above directions will result in the application being disqualified.
Note 1: Correspondence will be conducted with short-listed candidates only. Foreign qualifications must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from SAQA.
Note 2: Because the closing date for applications for this post has been extended, those who have already applied and have received an acknowledgement, do not need to re-apply: their applications will all be considered alongside new applications.
Note 3: Further information about this post and the responsibilities is available from firstname.lastname@example.org