United Nations World Food Programme
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the food aid branch of the United Nations, and the world's largest humanitarian organisation addressing hunger worldwide.
The United Nations WFP seeks to appoint a Logistics Assistant, based in Johannesburg.
Internal Vacancy Announcement: OMJ/VA 21/2013
Position Grade: G4 (fixed term)
The Logistics Assistant will be under the direct supervision of Senior Regional Logistics Officer.
- Update Logistics Unit Leave plans and calendar;
- Prepare daily attendance and absence record for HR (attaching leave slips or other documentation) as required;
- Update and maintain a reliable filing system;
- Arrange travel for the unit (in liaison with administration) and preparing TA’s and TEC’s as required;
- Maintain and regularly update inventory of Logistics Unit items;
- Assist the Head of Unit with organising all the Logistics Workshops, Meetings including hotel and conference bookings, transport, ticketing, workshop materials and all administrative work required. Request for security clearance from United Nations Security office for the visiting staff members;
- Take Minutes of the Logistics meetings and disseminate the same once approved by relevant officer;
- Maintain and regularly update 'Invoice Tracking System';
- Provide overall admin assistance to the Logistics Unit;
- Assist when needed to process invoices for contractors including Clearing and Forwarding Agents, Transporters, and other services providers;
- Assist to create Service Entry Sheets for cross-border cargo in WFP corporate system (WINGS – which is SAP based);
- Follow-up with WFP vendors regarding credit notes or any outstanding documentation for payments;
- Prepare Commodity Tracking reports (i.e. the Consolidated Delivery Report generated from the corporate system, COMPAS) and other supporting documents required for invoice processing;
- Assist when needed to capture waybill data, vessel discharges, physical stock in WFP commodity tracking system;
- Provide daily dispatch reports to Country Offices;
- Prepare periodic reports showing status of Logistics commitments posted in WINGS;
- Prepare periodic reports showing Vendors Payment Status;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Completion of secondary school education (Grade 12 or equivalent), preferably supplemented by courses in a field related to Logistics activities;
- Minimum of three years of progressively responsible support or secretarial work experience including at least two years in the field of accounting, transport, insurance, statistics, operations or other related field;
- Minimum of one year at G3 level or equivalent;
- Knowledge of standard computer applications including word processing and spreadsheets;
- Knowledge of ERPs (SAP, Oracle or similar software packages and systems) and/or use of data base an advantage;
- Fluency in both written and oral English.
To apply, submit a CV, motivational letter and a United Nations Personal History Form (P.11), to: HR.Johannesburg@wfp.org, quoting announcement No: 21/2013.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the World Food Programme, refer to www.wfp.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/ngopulse