United Nation Children's Fund (UNICEF)
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is mandated by the United Nations General Assembly to advocate for the protection of children's rights, to help meet their basic needs and to expand their opportunities to reach their full potential. Guided by the Convention on the Rights of the Child, UNICEF strives to establish children's rights as enduring ethical principles and international standards of behaviour and action towards children.
UNICEF seeks to appoint an Accounting/Finance Assistant, based in Pretoria. (job ref: GS5)
Under supervision, s/he will perform moderately specialised tasks in the accounting and finance functions.
This is a fixed term one-year contract position with possibility of extension.
- Secondary education and studying towards a tertiary qualification in finance;
- Minimum of five years experience in accounting clerical work using accounting software;
- Ability to use various accounting and finance software;
- In-depth knowledge of administration/accounting procedures;
- Knowledge of processing payment vouchers in the financial system;
- Ability to maintain financial records;
- Communication skills;
- Team player;
- Drive for results;
- Analysing skills;
- Learning and researching skills;
- Planning and organising;
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only South African nationals will be considered.
Regret letters will only be sent to interviewed candidates.
UNICEF is a non-smoking environment.
UNICEF is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion, and without discrimination of persons with disabilities. Well qualified candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
For more about the United Nations Children’s Fund, refer to www.unicef.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.