United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is mandated by the United Nations General Assembly to advocate for the protection of children's rights, to help meet their basic needs and to expand their opportunities to reach their full potential. Guided by the Convention on the Rights of the Child, UNICEF strives to establish children's rights as enduring ethical principles and international standards of behaviour and action towards children.
In South Africa, UNICEF supports national efforts to realize children’s rights by promoting evidence-based policy advocacy and strategic partnerships as a means to leverage policies and resources for children, giving special attention to vulnerable children and disparity reduction. It works in the areas of health and nutrition, early childhood development; basic education; child protection and social policy, planning, monitoring and evaluation.
UNICEF seeks to appoint a Programme Assistant – Communications, based in Pretoria (Grade: GS 6).
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading child rights organization would like to hear from you.
Under the general supervision of the Chief of Communication and Partnerships, the Programme Assistant - Communication will provide programme and administrative support, performs a variety of information gathering, monitoring, technical and administrative services in support of communication, fundraising, partnerships and outreach activities.
This is a fixed-term, two-year contract position with possibility of extension.
- Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by courses or training in communication, corporate engagement journalism or philanthropy;
- Minimum of six years of progressively responsible clerical or administrative work, of which at least one year is closely related to support of programme activities;
- Experience in project management of public events and high-level visits;
- Ability to a wide range relate of stakeholders in the media, government, NGO and corporate sectors;
- Experience with maintaining digital platforms, such as social media and websites;
- Judgment and strong analytical skills.
- Share UNICEF core values of commitment, diversity and inclusion and integrity;
- Proficiency in UNICEF core competencies of: communication, working with people and drive for results.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only South African nationals will be considered. If you have not been contacted within one month of the closing date, consider your application was unsuccessful. Regret letters will only be sent to interviewed candidates.
UNICEF is a smoke free environment.
UNICEF is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion, and without discrimination of persons with disabilities. Well qualified candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
For more about the United Nations Children’s Fund, refer to www.unicef.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.