Umthathi Training Project Trust
Umthathi Training Project Trust is a NGO that supports vulnerable groups such as women, children, the unemployed, HIV/AIDS sufferers and some of the most impoverished rural communities. Umthathi’s mission is to improve household health through increasing food and livelihood security, making effective, sustainable use of available resources and developing the skills necessary for improved self-sufficiency in rural and peri-urban areas of the Eastern Cape.
Umthathi conducts ‘Healthy Living’ developmental education and training programmes that aim to improve the quality of life and enable sustainable health for poor and vulnerable community members and school learners within a 200km radius of Grahamstown.
Umthathi Training Project Trust seeks to appoint a Director, based at Umthathi House, Ext 7 in Grahamstown, Eastern Cape, with duties in the field and occasional national and international travel.
The person will ensure accountable, strategic leadership and management in terms of its vision and mission. The Director is the key liaison person between governance structures and other role-players in the organisation. S/he will also be responsible for overseeing all financial, staff, programme and operational aspects of Umthathi Training Project and ensuring their smooth functioning.
This is a full-time, one-year contract position, renewable depending on performance, deliverables and the Board’s discretion.
- Postgraduate degree or equivalent in the fields of community development, education and training, development economics, management or human resources;
- Sound business acumen and a minimum of eight years management experience, at least five of which should have been in a position of senior management and extensive project leadership with in-depth knowledge of community development projects;
- Fundraising experience relating to the NGO sector or related sectors;
- Crucial components of this position are the ability to communicate strategy, purpose and direction of the organisation and effectively plan, coordinate and manage the staff, activities and development of the organisation;
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential, and knowledge of isiXhosa is highly recommended;
- Code EB drivers licence.
Salary: A salary is commensurate with qualification and experience.
For the full jobs description, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, submit a CV with a detailed description of duties, contact details of two referees and motivation letter to email@example.com or post to PO Box 6075, Market Square, 6141, Grahamstown.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Interviews will be held between 18-22 June 2012 at Umthathi House, 4122 Xhora Street, Ext. 7, Grahamstown.
Umthathi reserves the right not to make any appointment.
Should you not hear from Umthathi within a week from the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about Umthathi Training Project Trust, refer to www.umthathi.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.