U-turn Homeless Ministries
U-turn Homeless Ministry is a thriving is a Christian, nonprofit organisation based in Cape Town, South Africa. Founded in 1997, we are motivated by the love that God has shown the world and having experienced his love & grace ourselves, it continue to inspire us to help individuals in need.
U-turn is currently expanding operations within Cape Town and is also looking to establish services in other parts of the country.
U-turn Homeless Ministry seeks to appoint a Marketing and Fundraising.
This is a paid position available as either a full-time, or part-time position.
- In collaboration with the Director, the candidate will draw up an annual marketing strategy and communications plan for brand U-turn;
- Once the strategy and communication plan is approved, the candidate will be tasked with executing communication projects to manage the brand of U-Turn. Initially this will only be done locally, later extending to a wider geographical area when we get to the point of expanding across South Africa;
- Systematically work through the different departments and functions of U-turn to enhance communication mechanisms employed in each department to be in line with the marketing strategy and communication plan;
- Using, enhancing and creating content for our communication channels such as Newsletters, U- turn Website and Facebook page, local papers, email campaigns etc;
- Do research and then qualify all leads generated by marketing efforts to allow for optimum use of fundraising appeals. Take initiative to build relationships with potential funders including individual community donors and local businesses;
- Maintain and build on relationships with existing donors and stakeholders via timely communication of U-turn news, thank you letters, S18A receipts etc;
All of the above is undertaken to grow regular donations to support the work of U-Turn.
Target: Raise R5 000 of new regular donations per month, with the majority of income coming from Corporates.
- Candidates must either have a relevant degree (e.g. Marketing, communication) or must have years of experience that can demonstrate marketing skills;
- Working knowledge of fundraising for non-profits e.g. Research, how to cultivate relationships with prospective supporters, How to ask them to get involved, & steward on-going relationships with the organisation;
- Knowledge of non-profit fundraising resources (Inyathelo Database, Prodder Directory, FundsforNGOs, Chapel & York);
- Have a working understanding of relevant legislation that might affect marketing and fundraising activities in South Africa e.g. Section 18A, BBBEE, PBO, POPI, CPA
- Have a working understanding of effective electronic marketing tools (Hootsuit, Facebook, Twitter, Mailchimp / other email marketing suits, SEO, CRM, Big data, Google Analytics, Google Addwords, Blogging, Gamification, Wordpress);
- Knowledge of Salesforce is advantageous. Training will be provided on how to utilize this CRM tool;
- Have a driver’s licence and be fluent in English;
- Highly computer literate (Word, Excel, Internet, Email, Facebook) and generally love technology;
- Ability to formulate Marketing strategy and then execute it, preferably demonstrated via two to three years experience in project management and brand building via direct marketing tools;
- Proven ability to negotiate with outside service providers eg printers, graphic designers;
- Research skills and ability to use online resources and in person contact to build up a profile of prospective donors;
- Minimum one to two years of digital marketing experience a bonus;
- Have an eye for detail, value precision, accuracy;
- An excellent communicator (both written and verbal) that is able to communicate with multiple groups (both small and large groups), using various mediums (FB, email, phone, website, in person);
- Needs positive and connecting personality. This person will be building partnerships with the public, donors and businesses and needs to have a friendly, positive, and professional manner;
- Willing to learn and grow with the job;
- Desire to help and empower others and work in ways that does not alienate others;
- Graphic design and web design abilities are a bonus.
For more information about the position, refer to http://www.homeless.org.za/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Job-Spec-Marketing...
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more about U-turn Homeless Ministries refer to www.homeless.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.