The Tshwaranang Legal Advocacy Centre to end violence against women (TLAC)
The Tshwaranang Legal Advocacy Centre (TLAC) to end violence against women is a multi-disciplinary NGO that promotes the right of women to live lives free from violence through research, advocacy, capacity building and impact litigation.
TLAC seeks to appoint a Programme Manager, based in Johannesburg.
The Programme Manager will report to the Executive Director.
- Providing programmes management service to TLAC covering all aspects of guiding, managing and delivering multiple projects including overseeing the various project activities, plans, donor specific governance, project interdependencies, integration, and implementation;
- Tracking and reporting on projects timeously;
- Providing direction and support and work closely with the project manager to meet agreed deadlines and deliverables;
- Developing and implementing a monitoring and evaluation framework for the organisation and all projects;
- Overseeing the integration of all TLAC’s strategic objectives within the various projects;
- Managing the relationships with external stakeholders, partners, and donors;
- Supporting the Executive Director with programme fundraising;
- Manage and oversee the design and implementation of projects on research, capacity building, advocacy and impact litigation
- Knowledge and understanding of the GBV sector and the legal context relating to it;
- Experience in the direct management and delivery of programmes and projects;
- Experience in developing and implementing monitoring and evaluation in a similar environment;
- Working knowledge and experience of research, training and advocacy related to GBV;
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree;
- Post Graduate qualification preferable;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Ability to work across teams and individuals in a collaborative manner;
- Analytical and problem solving skills;
- Advanced capability on Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint;
- Ability to work across multiple donor funded projects;
- Minimum of five years of work experience and at least three years in a GBV environment;
- Demonstrated competence in programme management;
- Senior management experience of at least two to three years.
This is a six-month contract position which may be renewable.
Salary is commensurate with the organisation’s internal salary structure.
To apply, submit a CV, ontact details of three referees and motivation letter to Towera Sichinga at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about TLAC, refer to www.tlac.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.