Tshikululu Social Investments
Tshikululu Social Investments is South Africa’s premier social investment agency, managing CSI funds and trusts for large and medium-sized business. Tshikululu works in the fields of education, health and social development, sustainable livelihoods and enterprise development.
Tshikululu’s core fund management service is complemented by its Advisory Services team, a new business unit which provides specialist consulting services to a range of clients – including large- and medium-sized businesses, community trusts, and private foundations – to improve the performance and impact of their social investments.
Tshikululu seeks to appoint a Senior Consultant on the Advisory Services team, based in Johannesburg.
Tshikululu Advisory Services is still a new unit and the ideal candidate will be flexible and enjoy the challenges and opportunities this brings. Tshikululu is interested in candidates who seek to apply their consulting experience to delivering innovative and impactful social investment solutions for clients, as well as contributing to the maturation of an ambitious social sector consultancy.
- Responsible for the design, development, management, and delivery of distinctive client project outputs, sometimes on a concurrent or overlapping basis;
- Serve as primary client relationship manager, and an effective steward for Tshikululu Advisory Services;
- Manage the workflow and contributions of semi-dedicated project teams, as well as external consultants as needed;
- Leverage personal and public knowledge of social development sector and practices for the benefit of clients. Core topical areas might include: development or philanthropic strategy; performance monitoring and project evaluation; organisational change management; ‘Shared Value’; and/or B-BBEE compliance;
- Contribute to the continued establishment of Tshikululu Advisory Services in the marketplace, including contributing to the implementation of the team’s strategy and development of new clients;
- Contribute to the development, standardisation, and implementation of internal operational protocols, including those around project management, knowledge management, and service delivery;
- Lead knowledge-sharing and thought-leadership initiatives, both internally and externally; conceptualise and implement market-shaping research initiatives;
- Mentor junior staff, and contribute to a culture of professional development;
- Oversee internal administration and manage compliance with internal administrative protocols.
- Appropriate undergraduate degree or tertiary qualification; a post graduate degree is preferable;
- Significant applicable professional experience (5-7 years), including a proven professional competency in the corporate social responsibility and/or socio-economic development sectors; previous strategy or management consulting experience is preferable;
- Experience in a client-facing role, including independent responsibility for client deliverables
- Strong analytical abilities (both quantitative and qualitative);
- Strong organisational and project management skills;
- Ability to work without significant oversight; must be self-motivated and results driven;
- Ability to meet deadlines and lead the delivery of high quality projects within short timeframes;
- Ability and desire to contribute to the development a start-up team;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to present to large groups and executive-level audiences;
- Outstanding writing abilities, including willingness and ability to write for executive-level audiences;
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Ability and willingness to travel to rural, sometimes challenging, parts of the country;
- Valid driver’s licence.
To apply, refer to http://tshikululu.recruitbank.co.za/candidate/JobSearch.aspx.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only South African citizens will be considered. Tshikululu is an equal opportunity employer and this is an employment equity (AA) targeted position.
Tshikululu Social Investments will not be liable for the interview travel cost or relocation cost.
If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Tshikululu reserves the right not to proceed with the filling of the post advertised. Ensure that you meet the above requirements before you apply.
For more about Tshikululu Social Investments, refer to www.tshikululu.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.