Tshikululu Social Investments
Tshikululu Social Investments NPC is South Africa’s premier social investment agency, managing social investment funds for large and medium-sized businesses, charitable and philanthropic trusts and broad-based community development trusts. Tshikululu works in the fields of education, health, social development, and enterprise development.
Tshikululu Social Investments seeks to appoint a Manager for its Infrastructure Projects, based in Johannesburg.
The Manager will provide professional and specialist advice on capital projects managed by Tshikululu’s clients in order to ensure timeous and accurate completion of the projects, and to satisfy the strategic focus of the clients, working together with colleagues, clients and communities.
The Manager will report to the Executive: Operations, the Capital Projects Manager.
- Conduct evaluations and manage the successful implementation of capital projects around the country;
- Monitor progress of projects by assessing delivery against timelines and an agreed budget;
- Select, appoint and contract a team of relevant professionals for building projects;
- Actively address problem areas and raise concerns with Tshikululu and its respective clients;
- Identify and address core issues for the sustainability of the project;
- Contribute to the accurate budgeting and costing programmes / systems;
- Prompt rethinking of costs and approaches in order to secure a good product at a reasonable cost;
- Identify and manage risks to the project, clients and Tshikululu;
- Develop and present informative and substantive presentations for Trustees’ meetings and other supplie / project meetings;
- Generate timeous and accurate progress reports; statistical data; cost management etc.
- Provide a professional coordinating and monitoring service to the Trustee’s, projects and other role players;
- Develop and manage relationships with full range of stakeholders and provide specialist advice to organisation’s conducting capital projects;
- Provide innovative solutions to ensure all projects address the social intent of the investment;
- Contribute to the strategic objectives of Tshikululu and its clients by ensuring all capital projects fit and are delivered to the clients’ social investment strategies.
- Tertiary technical qualification (Engineering; architecture; building science; quantity surveying);
- Minimum of four years’ experience as a Project Manager in the development of infrastructure;
- Knowledge and experience of all legislation and contracting procedures in the building industry;
- Financial acumen for financial evaluation of projects;
- Familiarity with the issues and debates around Corporate Social Investment;
- Knowledge of and interest in the work and potential of non-profit organisations;
- Interest in a broad spectrum of socio-political issues;
- Strategic thinking, strong conceptual ability, negotiation and facilitation skills;
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Must possess the ability to solve problems, effective decision making and good writing skills;
- Knowledge and experience in direct management of projects and teams;
- Strong presentation skills, and above average computer literacy;
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a team;
- Ability to prioritise and to work to deadlines under pressure;
- Experience of working in diverse environments, with multi-lingual teams;
- Ability and willingness to travel to diverse parts of the country, using various types of transport;
- Valid light motor vehicle driver’s licence.
To apply, click here
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Please submit your application on line at:
Closing date: 6 April 2014
Only South African citizens will be considered.
Tshikululu Social Investments will not be liable for the interview travel cost or relocation cost.
If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful, Tshikululu reserves the right not to proceed with the filling of the post advertised.
Please ensure that you meet the above requirements before you apply.
For more about Tshikululu Social Investments, refer to www.tshikululu.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.