Tshikululu Social Investments
Tshikululu Social Investments is South Africa’s premier social investment agency, managing CSI funds and trusts for large and medium-sized business. Tshikululu works in the fields of education, health, social development, welfare, arts and culture, and the like.
Tshikululu Social Investments seeks to appoint a CSI Specialist, based in Johannesburg.
The CSI Specialist is required to design, manage and assess the impact of social investment programmes in education. In addition the CSI specialist will be required to do grant making including processing grants through the assessment of appeals, within the framework of the client's CSI strategies. The CSI Specialist is required to be at the forefront of understanding the CSI in education, to assist in developing and influencing client strategy formulation and implementation.
- Develop, design, implement and monitor client’s CSI strategies related to education;
- Align and strengthen the education strategy with the CSI strategies of the client. Assist in developing innovative and impactful programme strategies, based on research, experience and knowledge of the education sector;
- Project manage key education programmes on behalf of a corporate funder;
- Provide regular updates on key developments in the education sector to funders;
- Implement, monitor and evaluate programmes. Adjust programmes by mutual agreement with Client Relationship Manager and clients based on data and lessons learnt in the programme implementation;
- Develop a thorough and comprehensive understanding and application of the appeals/project evaluation processes and systems;
- Prepare professional and accurate project evaluations in accordance with set standards for Trustee Meetings and Committee Meetings;
- Develop relationships which identify a broad cross-sector of internal and external stakeholders within the CSI sector, including clients, beneficiaries, sector specialists, government, and other Tshikululu staff members;
- Share knowledge both internally and externally with clients, beneficiaries, and other important development stakeholders, to build institutional knowledge and organisational capacity;
- Provide coaching, mentorship and support for CSI practitioners, as required.
- 10 - 15 years experience in the education or the CSI sector;
- Appropriate bachelor’s degree or equivalent tertiary qualification in education;
- Knowledge of the development and social investment sector, pertaining to the field of education;
- Knowledge of social responsibility policies and practices;
- Understanding and network of relationships in the education sector;
- Fundamental understanding of the education sector in South Africa;
- Track record of working with education programmes which have demonstrated impact;
- Sound knowledge of the education policy landscape in South Africa;
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Valid driver’s licence;
- Ability and willingness to travel to diverse parts of the country, using various types of transport;
- Strong presentation, writing and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to relate to stakeholders in both the corporate and NGO sectors;
- Ability to work independently, self-motivated and results driven.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only South African citizens will be considered.
Tshikululu Social Investments will not be liable neither for the interview travel cost or relocation cost.
If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about Tshikululu Social Investments, refer to www.tshikululu.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies..
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Facebook at http://mzan.si/AAzs.