Tshikululu Social Investments
Tshikululu Social Investments NPC is South Africa’s premier social investment agency, managing social investment funds for large and medium-sized businesses, charitable and philanthropic trusts, and broad-based community development trusts. Tshikululu works in the fields of education, health, social development, and enterprise development.
Tshikululu Social Investments seeks to appoint a CSI Practitioner - Education, based in Johannesburg.
The CSI Practitioner will manage programmes and grant making including processing grants through the assessment of appeals, within the framework of the client's CSI strategies. S/he is expected to be at the forefront of understanding the CSI sectors to assist in developing and influencing client strategy formulation and implementation.
- Develop and implement client’s CSI strategies related to specific sectors and programmes;
- Align sector strategy with the CSI strategies of the clients, as advised by the Client Relationship Manager;
- Assist in developing programme strategy, based on research, experience and knowledge of the specific sector;
- Assist in ensuring client buy-in and acceptance of specific programme strategies for their Funds;
- Implement, monitor and evaluate programmes. Adjust programmes by mutual agreement with Client Relationship Manager and clients;
- Develop a thorough and comprehensive understanding and application of the appeals/project evaluation processes and systems;
- Prepare professional and accurate project evaluations in accordance with set standards for Trustee Meetings and Committee Meetings;
- Identify a broad cross-sector of internal and external stakeholders within the CSI sector, including clients, beneficiaries, sector specialists, government, and other Tshikululu staff members;
- Attend and make presentations at client decision making meetings (GBMs, Committee and Trustee), as required;
- Share knowledge both internally and externally with clients, beneficiaries, and other important development stakeholders, to build institutional knowledge and organisational capacity;
- Provide coaching, mentorship and support for Grants Officers, as required.
- An appropriate bachelor’s degree or equivalent tertiary qualification in Education;
- Two to five years’ experience in the social development sector with particular experience in the education sector;
- Knowledge of the development and social investment sector, pertaining to the field of Education;
- Knowledge of social responsibility policies and practices;
- Knowledge of the public policy environment affecting Education;
- Ability to relate to stakeholders in both the corporate and NGO sectors;
- Understanding of relationships between different stakeholders;
- Experience in working in diverse environments, with multi-lingual teams;
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Strong presentation, writing and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently, be self-motivated and results driven;
- Valid driver’s license and the ability and willingness to travel to diverse parts of the country, using various types of transport.
To apply, submit your application on line at http://tshikululu.recruitbank.co.za/candidate/jobsearch.aspx
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only South African citizens will be considered.
Tshikululu is an equal opportunity employer and this is an employment equity targeted position.
Tshikululu Social Investments will not be liable for the interview travel cost nor relocation cost.
If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date, accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Tshikulu Social Investments reserves the right not to proceed with the filling of the post advertised.
For more about Tshikululu Social Investments, refer to www.tshikululu.org.za.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.