Tshikululu Social Investments: CSI Practitioner
Wednesday, April 18, 2012 - 13:46
Tshikululu Social Investments
Please note: this opportunity closing date has passed and may not be available any more.
Opportunity closing date:Wednesday, May 2, 2012
Tshikululu seeks to appoint a CSI Practitioner, based in Johannesburg.
S/he will manage programmes and grant making including processing grants through the assessment of appeals, within the framework of the client's CSI strategies. S/he will be at the forefront of understanding the CSI sectors to assist in developing and influencing client strategy formulation and implementation.
- Develop, implement, monitor and evaluate client’s CSI strategies related to specific sectors and programmes;
- Align sector strategy with the CSI strategies of the clients, as advised by the Client Relationship Manager;
- Assist in developing programme strategy, based on research, experience and knowledge of the specific sector;
- Assist in ensuring client buy-in and acceptance of specific programme strategies for their Funds;
- Develop a thorough and comprehensive understanding and application of the appeals/project evaluation processes and systems;
- Prepare professional and accurate project evaluations in accordance with set standards for Trustee Meetings and Committee Meetings;
- Identify and work with a broad cross-sector of internal and external stakeholders within the CSI sector, including clients, beneficiaries, sector specialists, government, and other Tshikululu staff members;
- Attend and make presentations at client decision making meetings (GBMs, Committee and Trustee) as required.
- Share knowledge both internally and externally with clients, beneficiaries, and other important development stakeholders, to build institutional knowledge and organisational capacity;
- Provide coaching, mentorship and support for Grants Officers, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent tertiary qualification in health-related disciplines will be preferred;
- Minimum of two years experience and knowledge of health, social development and social investment sector;
- Knowledge of social responsibility policies and practices;
- Understanding of relationships between different stakeholders in both corporate and NGO Sectors, with the ability to build and maintain relationships;
- Strong analytical and research skills including the ability to analyse, synthesise and comment on qualitative and quantitative data;
- Experience in working in diverse environments, with multi-lingual teams;
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Ability and willingness to travel to diverse parts of the country, using various types of transport.
- Strong presentation, writing and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently;
- Self-motivated and results driven;
- Valid driver’s licence.
Apply online, click here.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only South African citizens will be considered.
Tshikululu Social Investments will not be liable neither for the interview travel cost or relocation cost.
If you have not been contacted within two days of the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about Tshikululu, refer to www.tshikululu.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow and support the 2012 SANGONeT "No Pain No Gain" fundraising and awareness-raising campaign. Refer to www.ngopulse.org/npng for more information.