Tshikululu Social Investments
Tshikululu Social Investments NPC is South Africa’s premier social investment agency, managing social investment funds for large and medium-sized businesses, charitable and philanthropic trusts and broad-based community development trusts. Tshikululu works in the fields of education, health, social development, and enterprise development.
Tshikululu Social Investments seeks to appoint a Communications Manager, based in Johannesburg.
The Communications Manager is required to provide professional, efficient, comprehensive, accurate and timeous support and administrative assistance. To assist the Corporate Affairs Executive in formulating and implementing communications strategies and to manage communications programmes for Tshikululu and external clients, working with a variety of communications channels and media.
- Develop and review communications strategy in line with company strategy;
- Implement and manage external communication programmes (incl. copywriting, speechwriting, online activities, advertising, media and public relations);
- Manage Tshikululu and client events;
- Develop and implement internal communications programmes;
- Provide internal communications support (incl. design, editing, online support, and report/article writing);
- Provide client service and support;
- Manage a range of service providers;
- Manage staff performance, including: setting performance objectives for staff; negotiating performance contracts with direct reports; conducting performance appraisals with direct reports; ensuring performance gaps are closed; mentoring and coaching subordinates; and ensuring that departmental knowledge building and sharing occurs.
- An appropriate diploma, degree or equivalent tertiary qualification in journalism or communications would be advantageous;
- Minimum of five years relevant experience in the communications sector;
- Knowledge of CSI and the development sector would be an advantage;
- Knowledge of developments in current affairs, economics, advertising, marketing and media industries;
- Good understanding of the printing and publishing industries;
- Knowledge of online marketing and communications functions;
- Excellent graphic design skills;
- Excellent communications skills including, oral, written, presentation and listening;
- Experience in assessing and distributing the release of strategic and confidential or restricted information;
- Experience of working in diverse environments, with multi-disciplinary teams;
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and management skills;
- Project management skills;
- Ability to work independently, self-motivated and results-driven;
- Proven strong research and information gathering skills;
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office suite;
- Valid light vehicle driver’s licence.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
To apply, submit your application on line at: http://tshikululu.recruitbank.co.za/candidate/jobsearch.aspx.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only South African citizens will be considered.
Tshikululu Social Investments will not be liable for the interview travel cost nor relocation cost.
If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date, consider your application was unsuccessful. We reserve the right not to proceed with the filling of the post advertised. Please ensure that you meet the above requirements before you apply.
This role would suit an accomplished business developer or consultant accustomed to selling complex business solutions to medium and large global corporations. The ideal candidate will meet the above criteria.
For more about Tshikululu Social Investments, refer to www.tshikululu.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.