Tshikululu Social Investments
Tshikululu Social Investments is a social investment agency that manages Corporate Social Investment (CSI) funds and trusts for large and medium-sized business. Tshikululu works in the fields of education, health and social development, sustainable livelihoods and enterprise development.
Tshikululu seeks to appoint a Communications Manager, based in Johannesburg.
The person will be required to formulate and implement internal and external communications strategies and lead a team of professionals to ensure effective implementation and monitoring of these strategies. The Communications Manager will report to the Chef Executive Officer.
- Develop, implement and monitor internal and external communication strategies;
- Develop all possible media crisis strategies and manage the process if and when a situation occurs;
- Develop media liaison strategies that result in positive perceptions of the organisation with the media;
- Prepare speeches and press releases for senior management within the organisation;
- Preparing supporting documentation including brochures, presentations and website content;
- Ensure that all external and internal communication is aligned to the company’s strategy, vision, mission, values and brand identity;
- Ensure that the production of the organisation’s Report to Society, brochures, and all other publications adhere to the highest standards;
- Lead and support the communication’s team in managing and delivering company and client events;
- Manage service providers to ensure that service level agreements and budgets are adhered to;
- Lead, develop and manage the Communication’s department team.
- Degree in communications, journalism, marketing or public relations;
- Knowledge of public policy and legislation pertaining to communications, publishing, corporate social investment and sector charters;
- Knowledge of developments in current affairs, economics, advertising, marketing and media industries;
- Knowledge of social investment and the development sector would be an advantage;
- Excellent communications skills including, oral, written, presentation and listening;
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office suite;
- Good understanding of the printing, publishing and advertising industries;
- Financial acumen and effective management of the department;
- Research and proofreading skills;
- Minimum of eight to ten years relevant experience in the communications sector;
- Minimum of five years managerial experience;
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and management skills;
- Project management skills;
- Valid light vehicle driver’s licence;
- Ability and willingness to travel to diverse parts of the country, using various types of transport.
Salary: A market related salary will be offered.
Apply online, click here.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only South African citizens will be considered.
Tshikululu Social Investments will not be liable neither for the interview travel cost or relocation cost.
If you have not been contacted within 14 days of the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about Tshikululu, refer to www.tshikululu.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
SANGONeT invites NGOs and other civil society groups in Gauteng to a briefing session with Eskom on 26 November 2012 in Johannesburg to discuss Eskom's next Multi-Year Price Determination (MYPD 3). The current three-year MYPD 2 comes to an end in March 2013. Eskom is proposing a five-year determination for MYPD 3, running from 1 April 2013 to 31 March 2018, with electricity tariffs to increase by 16% per annum during this period. Attend the event to learn more about this issue and have your say. Click here for more information about the event.