Tshikululu Social Investments
Tshikululu Social Investments NPC is South Africa’s premier social investment agency, managing social investment funds for large and medium-sized businesses, charitable and philanthropic trusts, and broad-based community development trusts. Tshikululu works in the fields of education, health, social development, and enterprise development.
Tshikululu Social Investments seeks to appoint a Business Development Manager, based in Johannesburg.
Reporting to the Executive Corporate Affairs, the Business Development Manager will be responsible for prospecting and securing new business, leading and managing the relationships with corporate, government and development clients across South Africa and Africa, in order to grow Tshikululu’s market share of funds under management and advisory services and to respond to changes in the business landscape by identifying new product offerings.
This position would suit an accomplished business developer or consultant accustomed to selling complex business solutions to medium and large global corporations.
- Develop and implement the corporate business development strategy;
- Work cross functionally to develop sectoral strategies and play a leadership role in product development for the global corporate markets;
- Business development of new accounts and relationship management of existing corporate accounts;
- Develop new business and long term account opportunities through market analysis, prospecting and cold calling;
- Develop, coordinate and implement marketing plans designed to maintain and increase existing business and capture new opportunities;
- Develop sales presentations, conduct seminars and participate in meetings with clients and external vendors;
- Complete RFP’s and proposals, follow up on submissions and close business;
- Identify organisational growth initiatives regarding market and target customer segments, and the company’s potential to meet client’s needs;
- Oversee, maintain and upgrade existing accounts to ensure ongoing client satisfaction;
- Coordinate, manage and resolve account maintenance issues;
- Benchmark state of the art practices to recommend profit and service improvements.
- MBA degree or equivalent is preferred;
- Minimum of seven to ten years direct sales experience;
- Must be extremely effective at initiating high-level contacts in accounts and have strong presentation skills;
- Creativity and ingenuity in developing successful sales strategies; have a working knowledge of the corporate social investment industry, along with a pulse on what is forthcoming;
- Ability to generate leads and build business in a wide-open market;
- Possess growth oriented philosophy and be able to manage growth responsibly;
- Entrepreneurial-oriented philosophy;
- Ability to work independently, self-motivated, and results driven;
- High level of proficiency in MS Office suite;
- Valid driver’s licence;
- Ability and willingness to travel to diverse parts of the country.
To apply, submit your application on line at http://tshikululu.recruitbank.co.za/candidate/jobsearch.aspx
Only South African citizens will be considered.
Tshikululu is an equal opportunity employer and this is an employment equity targeted position.
Tshikululu Social Investments will not be liable for the interview travel cost nor relocation cost.
If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date, accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Tshikulu Social Investments reserves the right not to proceed with the filling of the post advertised.
For more about Tshikululu Social Investments, refer to www.tshikululu.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.