Tshikululu Social Investment
Tshikululu Social Investments NPC is South Africa’s premier social investment agency, managing social investment funds for large and medium-sized businesses, charitable and philanthropic trusts and broad-based community development trusts. Tshikululu works in the fields of education, health, social development, and enterprise development.
Tshikululu’s core fund management service is complemented by its Advisory Services team, a relatively new business unit which provides specialist consulting services to a range of clients – including large- and medium-sized businesses, community trusts, and private foundations – to improve the performance and impact of their social investments. Key service areas include: ‘shared value’ consultation; CSI/CSR strategy; project and portfolio evaluation; and advising on the development of internal CSR management and reporting systems.
Tshikululu Social Investments seeks to appoint an Advisory Services Manager, based in Johannesburg.
The person will serve as the senior leader of this dynamic and growing consulting practice, and lead the next phase of its positioning and growth.
While Tshikululu’s consulting practice has an established track record of growth, and enjoys several ‘blue chip’ client relationships, the Advisory Services team is still in its infancy, and the ideal candidate will embrace the flexibility that this requires, and enjoy the challenges and opportunities that this brings.
Tshikululu is interested in candidates who seek to apply their management-tier consulting experience towards delivering innovative and impactful social investment solutions for clients, and leading an ambitious social sector consultancy into a phase of maturation and consolidation. At the outset, the incumbent will have direct oversight of a talented and performance-driven team of people.
- Serves in a general management capacity, including; leading the development, execution, and evaluation of Tshikululu’s consulting strategy;
- Serves as a strategic-level client relationship manager, including cultivating opportunities for sustained new business relationships;
- Oversees the work of multiple client project teams, typically on a concurrent or overlapping basis, and serves as the final guarantor of quality control;
- Leverages personal and public knowledge of social development sector and practices for the benefit of clients. Core topical areas might include: development or philanthropic strategy; performance monitoring and project evaluation; organisational change management; ‘Shared Value’; and/or B-BBEE compliance;
- Contributes to the continued establishment and positioning of Tshikululu Advisory Services in a competitive client marketplace;
- Leads the design, development, standardisation, and implementation of internal operational protocols, including those around project management, knowledge management, and client service delivery;
- Manages a diverse and dynamic team of both senior and junior consultants;
- Oversees and manages Advisory Services’ finances, including budget formulation and resource allocation;
- Leads knowledge-sharing and thought-leadership initiatives, both internally and externally; conceptualises and leads market-shaping research initiatives;
- Mentors junior staff, and contribute to a culture of professional development;
- Communicates regularly with Tshikululu’s executive committee and Board of Directors; and,
- Oversees internal administration and manage compliance with internal administrative protocols
- An appropriate undergraduate degree or tertiary qualification; a post graduate degree is strongly preferred;
- Significant applicable professional experience (8-10 years), including a proven professional competency in the corporate social responsibility and/or socio-economic development sectors; previous strategy or management consulting experience is an advantage;
- Experience developing, managing, and maintaining executive-level client relationships;
- Strong organisational and project management skills, and experience leading multiple project teams;
- Outstanding analytical abilities (both quantitative and qualitative), and experience driving analytical rigour in project delivery teams;
- Reputation for driving distinctive insight in work produced and delivered for clients, and ability to manage the delivery of professional-standard outputs within short timeframes;
- Strong desire to lead the continued development and maturation of a start-up consulting practice;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to present to large groups and executive-level audiences;
- Outstanding writing abilities, including willingness and ability to write for executive-level audiences;
- Willingness and ability to mentor and coach both junior and mid-management tier team members;
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Ability and willingness to travel to rural, sometimes challenging, parts of the country;
- Valid driver’s licence.
To apply, submit your application on line at: http://tshikululu.recruitbank.co.za/candidate/jobsearch.aspx.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only South African citizens will be considered. Tshikululu is an equal opportunity employer and this is an employment equity targeted position.
Tshikululu Social Investments will not be liable for the interview travel cost nor relocation cost.
If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. We reserve the right not to proceed with the filling of the post advertised. Please ensure that you meet the above requirements before you apply.
For more about Tshikululu Social Investments, refer to www.tshikululu.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.