Triangle Project is a registered nonprofit organisation which focuses on the human rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex people. The organisation’s main areas of operation are the provision of health services, community development, public education and advocacy.
Triangle Project seeks to appoint a dynamic person as Director to lead the organisation, based in Cape Town.
The Director reports to the Board of Trustees, and is responsible for the consistent achievement of the organisation’s mission, strategic objectives and financial sustainability.
- Initiate and facilitate overall strategic and operational planning, design and delivery of programmes, as well as the assessment of programme effectiveness;
- Establish and maintain appropriate systems for measuring necessary aspects of organisational performance;
- Ensure financial sustainability of the organisation (fundraising; donor liaison);
- Manage and control expenditure within agreed budgets;
- Ensure the smooth day to day management of the organisation's work flow processes by maintaining effective systems and planning tools;
- Integrate and build synergies into the work of finance, admin, and programmes areas;
- Monitor, measure and report on organisational development plans and achievements;
- Manage and develop direct reporting staff;
- Implement staff development and performance management programmes;
- Generate reports in line with governing body and donor needs; and
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of issues that impact on the work of the organisation.
- Minimum of five years experience at director level or, at a minimum, five years experience at a senior management level;
- Proven track record in the LGBTI and Human Rights sectors;
- Be a politically astute ambassador for the LGBTI cause and the organisation;
- Strong fundraising abilities;
- Sound understanding of LGBTI issues;
- Strategic leadership ability and a systems thinking approach to organisation development;
- Financial and project management skills;
- Be well organised and accomplish work under tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and command of Microsoft Office programmes;
Triangle Project practices affirmative action for LGBTI people.
To apply, submit a CV, names of three work related referees and motivation letter to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The selection process will include the appropriate competency tests related to the key performance areas highlighted above. In instances where additional reference requirements arise, candidates will be required to provide such additional information.
For more about Triangle Project, refer to www.thetriangleproject.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.