Treatment Action Campaign (TAC)
The Treatment Action Campaign (TAC) is a leading South African civil society organisation that campaigns for quality healthcare for all in South Africa – with a particular focus on people living with HIV and tuberculosis. With members in more than 170 branches located across seven provinces, and offices with staff in each key province, TAC is a social movement campaigning to bring about improved policy and implementation in the public sector at national, provincial and local level.
TAC seeks to appoint an Officer Administrator, based in Khayelitsha, Cape Town.
- Provide comprehensive administrative and support function for the office of the province;
- Ensure efficient and secure filing system, which is easy to find and file documents including bills, invoices, TAC documents, photocopying and correspondence;
- Manage the communication flow for the province: incoming faxes and telephone calls, emails, intranet, social media, ensure access and dissemination of information;
- Ensure maintenance of office equipment and environment;
- Keep the diary of all activities undertaken by coordinator/secretariat/branch organisers/branch activities;
- Support and assist Volunteers when they are in and out of the office;
- Take minutes at meetings and distribute on time;
- Provide administrative assistance when the province is organising marches, pickets, protest, treatment literacy workshops and other activities;
- On a by-annual assist in taking an inventory of all equipment and furniture in the office;
- Keep record of branch activities and it status.
- Relevant qualification;
- Minimum of two years office administrative co-ordination experience;
- Knowledge of appropriate responses to the HIV/AIDS and TB epidemics;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint;
- Bilingual ability to speak, write, read English and isiXhosa would be advantages;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities and work independently as well as being a part of a team;
- Good communicator: verbal and written;
- People friendly, but strong personality;
- Neat and organised;
- Excellently managed health;
- Excellent time management;
- Numerical and technical;
- Valid driver’s licence would be an added advantage.
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of two referees and motivation letter to the Human Resource Department at email@example.com or hand deliver at the Khayelitsha office: Town 1 Properties, Site B, Sulani Drive.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
TAC is committed to improving the representation of Women and People living with HIV in its management and strongly encourages applications from suitable candidates.
For more about the Treatment Action Campaign, refer to www.tac.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.