Treatment Action Campaign
The Treatment Action Campaign (TAC) engages in monitoring, advocacy and campaigning within the health system to ensure that every person with HIV has access to quality comprehensive prevention, treatment, care and support services to live a healthy life.
TAC seeks to appoint a Finance Officer - Payments, based at the National Office in Cape Town.
The incumbent must be a mature, experienced person who can work without supervision, but well within a team. Is knowledgeable and can adapt to this changing environment. Is accurate and thorough in the execution of their duties.
- Ensure that TAC’s Financial and Procurement Policies are followed
- Loading beneficiaries into Nedbank package
- Loading EFT’s into Nedbank package
- Writing cheques for the organisation
- Record all cheques and disbursements on a daily basis
- Coding National requisitions
- Filing of all payments processed
- Making sure that all bank related queries and requests are followed up properly
- Printing of monthly bank statements for TAC
- Filing original bank statements and cheques
- Make a list of outstanding invoices for provinces and follow up receipts and queries.
- Perform additional duties as delegated by the Chief Finance Officer.
- Qualification in Bookkeeping / Accounting / Finance;
- Experience in loading payments will be an advantage;
- Excellent Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Record keeping, report preparation and record management techniques;
- Knowledge of Pastel Evolution or VIP;
- Complete fluency in speaking, reading and writing English;
- Minimum of two years relevant experience in a similar environment;
- Organisation and administration to work effectively;
- Analytical and technical ability;
- Accuracy, attention to detail and high level of confidentiality;
- Adaptable and flexible;
- Work well in a team and can work unsupervised;
- Commitment to the overall aims and values of TAC.
To apply, submit a short CV, listing qualifications, prior work experience and at least three referees who can attest to your ability and success in this function and a motivational letter, outlining your interests in this position to The Human Resource Manager, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver to 122 Westminster house, Longmarket Street, Cape Town.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
The organisation is particularly interested in considering women and people living with HIV. Please note that if you do not get a response from us within two weeks of the closing date, you should consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about the Treatment Action Campaign, refer to www.tac.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.