Treatment Action Campaign: District Support Officer - Monitoring and Evaluation
Treatment Action Campaign
The Treatment Action Campaign (TAC) is an activist organisation that campaigns for treatment for people living with HIV and for the reduction of new HIV infections. TAC engages in monitoring, advocacy and campaigning within the health system to ensure that every person with HIV has access to quality comprehensive prevention, treatment, care and support services to live a healthy life.
The TAC is strengthening its advocacy and social mobilisation across South Africa to ensure that there are effective HIV services and that people make best use of them. It is enhancing its monitoring and evaluation (M&E) systems, whilst devolving data management and analysis to its six district offices. This new position will be critical to enabling successful implementation of these M&E processes. As TAC moves to new approaches to M&E, this person will contribute through inputting into the finalisation of proposals, and accompaniment of district staff as implementation unfolds.
TAC seeks to appoint a District Support Officer: Monitoring and Evaluation, based in Cape Town.
- Ensuring the validity and accuracy of data prior to analysis;
Data analysis and interpretation;
- Carry out routine data analysis;
- Provide summary analysis to generate monthly management reports;
- Provide written summaries of data analysis and interpretation;
Provide distance support to TAC district staff to improve data collection and use;
- Provide feedback on data that has been incorrectly collected;
- Provide effective support and development through site visits and at distance;
- Identify how data collection and flow could be improved;
- Carry out site visits to ensure that data collection follows specified procedures;
- Provide face-to-face training to groups and individuals to improve data collection and the local management of this;
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification at NQF level 6;
- At least two years’ experience of similar data handling work;
- Knowledge of appropriate responses to the HIV and AIDS and TB epidemics;
- Substantive knowledge and understanding of how good M&E systems work;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint;
- Fluency in English, including speaking, reading and writing with the ability to conduct business in English;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities and work independently as well as being a part of a team;
- Ability to communicate verbally in isiZulu or related languages;
- Organisational and administration skills;
- Knowledge management skills;
- Analytical thinking;
- Adaptable and flexible;
- Tested techniques in developing and supporting others;
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively, and to rural areas;
- Unendorsed driver’s licence;
- Commitment to the overall aims and values of TAC.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the Treatment Action Campaign, refer to www.tac.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.