Treatment Action Campaign (TAC)
The Treatment Action Campaign (TAC) is a leading South African civil society organisation that campaigns for quality healthcare for all in South Africa – with a particular focus on people living with HIV and tuberculosis. With members in more than 170 branches located across seven provinces, and offices with staff in each key province, TAC is a social movement campaigning to bring about improved policy and implementation in the public sector at national, provincial and local level.
TAC seeks to appoint a Bookkeeper, based in Khayelitsha, Cape Town.
The incumbent must be a mature, experienced person who can work without supervision, but well within a team. The person is expected to be knowledgeable and able to adapt to the changing environment. S/he is expected to be accurate and thorough in the execution of their duties.
- In liaison with the provincial co-ordinator draw up the provincial budget;
- Assist in providing oversight of budget and expenditure according to budget items and plans;
- Monitoring requisitions, ensure proper supporting documentation and ensure these are paid on time, and accounted for;
- Handling office petty cash;
- Ensure the procedure for procuring and paying of services rendered for catering, transport, accommodation and venues, have been adhered to, liaise with finance dept.;
- Prepare end of month reconciliations and forward files to the finance dept.;
- Monitor the distribution and accounting of cash advances;
- Ensure up-to-date, neatly filed and organised verification documents of all work done within the district office.
- Relevant tertiary qualification;
- Minimum of two financial experience managing programme donor funding;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint;
- Bilingual ability to speak, write, read English and Xhosa would be advantages;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities and work independently as well as being a part of a team;
- Record keeping, report preparation;
- People friendly, but strong personality;
- Accuracy, attention to detail and high level of confidentiality;
- Excellent time management;
- Numerical and technical;
- Excellently managed health.
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of two referees and motivation letter to the Human Resource Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or hand deliver at the Khayelitsha office: Town 1 Properties, Site B, Sulani Drive.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
TAC is committed to improving the representation of Women and People living with HIV in its management and strongly encourages applications from suitable candidates.
For more about the Treatment Action Campaign, refer to www.tac.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.