Trauma Centre for Survivors of Violence and Torture
The Trauma Centre for Survivors of Violence and Torture (The Trauma Centre) is a human rights-based organisation providing prevention and early intervention services to people, organisations and communities affected by violence and torture. The organisation focused on self-directed, interpersonal and collective violence offering psychosocial support to survivors.
The Trauma Centre seeks to appoint a Project Leader for its Trauma Counselling Project, based in Woodstock, Cape Town.
- Manage trauma counselling with regard to intake, assessment and implementation of treatment plan;
- Oversee the appointment diary and the intake register;
- Manage volunteers working in the project
- Write reports on a regular basis;
- Liaise with clients, business, civil society and the general public;
- Manage general administration of the project.
- Psychology or social work qualification at Honours level;
- Registration with HPCSA or SACSSP;
- Minimum of one year experience in trauma counselling experience;
- Ability to organise and prioritise competing demands;
- Attention to detail, good judgment, strategic and critical thinker;
- Be a team player and be willing to contribute to the broader programme of the organisation.
Starting date: 6 May 2013.
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of two referees and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the Trauma Centre for Survivors of Violence and Torture, refer to www.trauma.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.