The Trauma Centre for Survivors of Violence and Torture
The Trauma Centre for Survivors of Violence and Torture (The Trauma Centre) is a human rights-based organisation providing prevention and early intervention services to people, organisations and communities affected by violence and torture. The organisation focused on self-directed, interpersonal and collective violence offering psychosocial support to survivors.
The Trauma Centre seeks to appoint a Finance Officer, based in Cape Town.
- Prepare, examine and analyse accounting records, financial statements according to the “Generally Accepted Accounting Principles”;
- Request payments to suppliers according to budget lines and in a timely manner;
- Issue invoices for services rendered;
- Conduct a monthly reconciliation of every bank account;
- Monitor the cash flow forecast;
- Maintain the petty cash fund;
- Issue project financial reports on a monthly basis;
- Assemble information for the external auditors for the annual audit;
- Assemble information for the external auditors for the project audit;
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system;
- Maintain the chart of accounts;
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested;
- Submit PAYE, UIF and VAT returns to SARS in a timely manner;
- Make Annual Declarations to SARS;
- Prepare and maintain the organisation’s payroll and ensure compliance with tax and other statutory returns.
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in accounting or relevant financial qualifications;
- Minimum of three years accounting experience preferably in an NGO environment, or equivalent experience and demonstrated abilities to carry out the tasks stipulated;
- Extensive knowledge of applicable accounting laws, policies, procedures and regulations;
- Ability to work under pressure, with minimum supervision and to strict deadlines;
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills essential;
- Ability to organise and prioritise competing demands;
- Attention to detail, good judgment;
- Team player and be willing to contribute to the broader programme of the organisation.
Starting date: 1 March 2013.
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of two referees and motivation letter to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the Trauma Centre for Survivors of Violence and Torture, refer to www.trauma.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.