Trade and Industrial Policy Strategies (TIPS)
The Trade and Industrial Policy Strategies (TIPS) is an independent, nonprofit economic research institution that facilitates policy development and dialogue in pursuit of sustainable and equitable growth in Africa. TIPS works across six theme areas or policy pillars: trade, African economic integration, industrial development, inequality and economic marginalisation, sustainable growth and rural development.
TIPS seeks to appoint an Intern, based in Pretoria.
The person will support the activities of TIPS’ Sustainable Growth pillar. This remunerated full-time internship is to be filled as soon as possible.
This is a six-month internship with the possibility of an extension.
- Postgraduate degree in economics or a related field (development, political science, international affairs, environmental sciences, etc.) with an economics component;
- Professional or study background;
- Demonstrated interest in themes related to the green economy and/or climate change will be an advantage;
- Strong writing, editing and presentation skills, with an excellent command of written and spoken English;
- Knowledge of national and international development on environmental issues;
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Internet, etc.) with a proven ability to manipulate data in Excel. Evidence of sound knowledge of Stata would be an asset;
- Strong knowledge of research and databases available in the public domain for issues related to green economy and climate change;
- Attention to detail, be highly organised, and be able to work both in a team and independently;
- Ability to work in a multicultural and multidisciplinary setting; and
- Capacity to work under pressure and to adhere strictly to deadlines;
To apply, submit a CV, motivation letter and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
TIPS reserves the right to undertake probity checks on information supplied by applicants.
For more about the Trade and Industrial Policy Strategies, refer to www.tips.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.