The Topsy Foundation NPC
The Topsy Foundation is a nonprofit organisation that partners with rural communities, empowering people infected with, and affected by, HIV and AIDS, through medical care, social support and skills development.
Topsy seeks to appoint a part-time consultant as Sewing Project Manager for its Tinyiko Sewing Project. The position is based in Bryanston, Johannesburg with periodic travelling to the site project in Grootvlei, Mpumalanga.
- Monthly ordering as required of all inventory needs to keep a workable amount of inputs for upcoming orders within budget;
- Maintain and build on current relationships with suppliers and find new suppliers that offer the best prices, quality and delivery times for Tinyiko;
- Assist with the devising and implementation of an annual communications plan for the Tinyiko Sewing Project;
- Assist with the securing of exposure of the aims of the project by arranging, implementing and working at exhibitions as and when needed;
- Assist in the building of, and expanding of, client relationships;
- Maintain and build on current creations to keep the project offerings at a high standard that is relevant to the needs of existing and new clients;
- Develop once-off specific products as requested by clients as and when needed;
- Maintain and build on current operations that maximise output into a streamlined and effective system;
- Control and overall management of budget spending;
- Compiling of monthly report;
- Attendance of monthly meetings;
- Assist in compiling donor reports; and
- Review of attendance register, cutting diary, stock level diary, and other day to day systems.
- Experience in managing a sewing project, ideally in an NGO environment, however, experience in running a CMT (Cut, Make, Trim) also advantageous;
- Experience in management of people, ideally in an NGO environment;
- Experience in management of donor expectations;
- Experience in new product development and product refinement, including the ability to create new patterns and match fabrics to specific requirements;
- Able to function independently as well as part of a team;
- Ability to work to targets and to tight schedules and deadlines with an understanding that overtime may be required from time to time;
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize in a fluid environment that demands multi-tasking;
- Ability to interact positively and with empathy, with all persons who are part of the Tinyiko community including participants, suppliers, clients and Topsy Foundation management;
- Passionate about their job and the success of Tinyiko Project;
- Act with discretion, confidentiality and integrity at all times;
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office Suite; and
- Possess a full current driver's licence and own vehicle.
Starting date: 1 March 2013.
To apply, submit a full-length CV and letter motivating to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the Topsy Foundation, refer to www.topsy.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies..
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Facebook at http://mzan.si/AAzs.