The Topsy Foundation NPC
The Topsy Foundation is a nonprofit organisation that partners with rural communities, empowering people infected with, and affected by, HIV and AIDS, through medical care, social support and skills development.
The Topsy Foundation seeks to appoint a Donor Relationship Manager, based in Bryanston, Johannesburg.
The person will support current Topsy’s projects.
- Devise and implement an annual fundraising plan;
- Build and retain new and existing relationships with donors;
- Achieve agreed income targets through the planning, management, administration and development of specified income streams;
- Attract new funding partnerships with local and regional donors, trusts and foundations, through cold approaches; writing proposals/applications and preparing presentations;
- Attract new funding partnerships through individuals through event management;
- Maintain and update the integrated Topsy database, ensuring donor records are accurate and are kept up to date;
- Compile and send required donor reports;
- Monitor the effectiveness of fundraising activities, reporting on income, return on investment, actual against projected profit and other relevant financial and non-financial indicators;
- Retain a thorough, up-to-date knowledge of key issues and developments in fundraising, including legal aspects, and network with relevant people and institutions.
- Minimum of three years experience of grant proposal development and donor reporting experience;
- Proven ability to both plan and deliver results across a wide range of fundraising disciplines and activities including the set up and manage the financial aspects of fundraising projects including budgets;
- Proven ability to develop excellent relationships with funders and experience of networking with funders at a senior level;
- Demonstrable success in raising funds;
- Ability to work to deadlines and achieve agreed income targets;
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and prioritise workload accordingly;
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to work as part of a team and passion for the organisation;
- Attention to detail;
- Excellent computer literacy skills, specifically with Microsoft Office Suite;
- Full and valid driver’s licence and own vehicle.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the Topsy Foundation, refer to www.topsy.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow and support the 2012 SANGONeT "No Pain No Gain" fundraising and awareness-raising campaign. Refer to www.ngopulse.org/npng for more information.