Topsy Foundation: Donor Relationship Manager
Monday, September 10, 2012 - 13:05
The Topsy Foundation NPC
Please note: this opportunity closing date has passed and may not be available any more.
Opportunity closing date:Friday, September 21, 2012
The Topsy Foundation seeks to appoint a Donor Relationship Manager, based in Bryanston, Johannesburg.
The person will support current Topsy’s projects.
- Devise and implement an annual fundraising plan;
- Build and retain new and existing relationships with donors;
- Achieve agreed income targets through the planning, management, administration and development of specified income streams;
- Attract new funding partnerships with local and regional donors, trusts and foundations, through cold approaches; writing proposals/applications and preparing presentations;
- Attract new funding partnerships through individuals through event management;
- Maintain and update the integrated Topsy database, ensuring donor records are accurate and are kept up to date;
- Compile and send required donor reports;
- Monitor the effectiveness of fundraising activities, reporting on income, return on investment, actual against projected profit and other relevant financial and non-financial indicators;
- Retain a thorough, up-to-date knowledge of key issues and developments in fundraising, including legal aspects, and network with relevant people and institutions.
- Minimum of three years experience of grant proposal development and donor reporting experience;
- Proven ability to both plan and deliver results across a wide range of fundraising disciplines and activities including the set up and manage the financial aspects of fundraising projects including budgets;
- Proven ability to develop excellent relationships with funders and experience of networking with funders at a senior level;
- Demonstrable success in raising funds;
- Ability to work to deadlines and achieve agreed income targets;
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and prioritise workload accordingly;
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to work as part of a team and passion for the organisation;
- Attention to detail;
- Excellent computer literacy skills, specifically with Microsoft Office Suite;
- Full and valid driver’s licence and own vehicle.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the Topsy Foundation, refer to www.topsy.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow and support the 2012 SANGONeT "No Pain No Gain" fundraising and awareness-raising campaign. Refer to www.ngopulse.org/npng for more information.