TIPS is a nonprofit company that facilitates policy development and dialogue in pursuit of sustainable and inclusive growth. TIPS has three main focus areas: Trade and Industrial Policy, Inequality and Economic Inclusion and Sustainable Growth. Its working model integrates research and analysis, policy development, disseminating information, capacity building, technical support, and programme design and management.
TIPS seeks to appoint an Intern for a period of six months, based in Pretoria.
- Completed Masters in economics or equivalent;
- Professional or study background on themes related to the aforementioned thematic areas. Specifically, prior research pertaining to technology and innovation, manufacturing value chains, natural resources and/or network infrastructure would be an advantage;
- A sound knowledge of Microsoft Excel and a proven ability to handle a data analysis package;
- Proven writing, editing and presentation skills, with excellent command of written and spoken English;
- Evidence of sound knowledge of Stata will be an added advantage;
- Proven ability to work in a team as well as independently;
- Strong knowledge of research and databases available in the public domain for issues related to Trade and Industrial Policy;
- Attention to detail and be highly organised;
- Ability to work in a multicultural and multidisciplinary setting; and
- Capacity to work under pressure and to adhere strictly to deadlines.
To apply, submit a short CV, motivation letter and writing sample to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more information about TIPS, refer to www.tips.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.