TIPS is a nonprofit company that facilitates policy development and dialogue in pursuit of sustainable and inclusive growth. TIPS has three main focus areas: Trade and Industrial Policy, Inequality and Economic Inclusion and Sustainable Growth. Its working model integrates research and analysis, policy development, disseminating information, capacity building, technical support, and programme design and management.
TIPS seeks to appoint an Intern for its Commercialisation of Innovation project, based in Pretoria.
The content of the actual job could include other ad hoc tasks and could be adjusted according to the organisational needs.
The internship is for a period of six months, beginning 1 October 2013.
- Postgraduate degree in economics or other related fields (business, entrepreneurship, development) with an economics component;
- Professional or study background in the field of economic research;
- Interest in themes related to innovation or entrepreneurship would be an added advantage;
- Writing, editing and presentation skills, with an excellent command of written and spoken English;
- Knowledge of national and international development on technology and science issues;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Internet, with an ability to manipulate data in Microsoft Excel. Evidence of sound knowledge of Stata would be an asset;
- Knowledge of research and databases available in the public domain for issues related to economic development;
- Attention to detail, organised, and able to work both in a team and independently;
- Ability to work in a multicultural and multidisciplinary setting;
- Capacity to work under pressure and to adhere strictly to deadlines.
To apply, submit a CV, motivation letter and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more information about TIPS, refer to www.tips.org.za.