Thohoyandou Victim Empowerment Programme (TVEP)
Thohoyandou Victim Empowerment Programme (TVEP) is a community based organisation based in Sibasa serving Thulamela Municipality, whose Mission is “to generate an attitude of zero tolerance towards all forms of sexual assault, domestic violence, child abuse, HIV and AIDS stigmatization”. TVEP is looking for a committed, well-qualified and experienced individual to fill the position of Project Manager who will report directly to the Deputy Programme Director.
Summary of Responsibilities
The main purpose of this position is to coordinate activities focused on gender equity, human rights empowerment, accountability monitoring and advocacy. Successful candidates will be expected to engage with stakeholders within rural and urban communities inclusive of government, SAPS, CSOs, CBOs, businesses, and traditional leaders. Primary responsibilities include the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of all cluster activities, and the direct supervision of project staff and volunteers. The successful candidate will project a professional image at all times. Women, survivors of assault, and PLHIV are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Produce consolidated programme plans and budgets for cluster projects;
- Ensure that all planned programme activities are implemented on time;
- Implement approved plans according to set standards and supervise the work of cluster projects;
- Produce all reports required for the programme as per TVEP and funder reporting calendars;
- Participate in development and enhancements to projects and M&E frameworks to ensure critical outputs that speak to advocacy;
- Coordinate and liaise with other clusters for the benefit of projects;
- Develop the capacity of project staff in specific, needs-based areas;
- Network and negotiate partnerships with relevant stakeholders for the benefit of projects;
- Contribute to the identification of potential funders, and the development of funding proposals;
- Work closely with the M&E Team, Research Officer and consultants to ensure the efficacy, impact and feasibility of projects;
- Any other duties allocated by the Programme Director or Deputy Programme Director.
- Degree in Social Sciences / Gender Studies or Equivalent, supported by a minimum of 3 years working experience in project management; or
- 5 years of relevant, practical experience in a managerial capacity.
Job Skill Specifications:
- Excellent understanding of Vhavenda and Tsonga culture;
- Fluency in both written and spoken TshiVenda and English (additional languages desirable);
- Strong understanding of communications and social marketing;
- Prior success with management of large, community-based projects;
- Strong leadership skills;
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office;
- Valid driver’s licence and willingness to travel regionally;
- Team building capabilities.
- A strong work ethic;
- Team player;
- Detail oriented;
- Critical, constructive thinker;
- Proactive thought leader;
- Comfortable with public relations;
- Responsible and accountable;
- Highly organised with ability to multi-task under pressure;
- A proven activist.
Remuneration is dependent on experience and qualifications.
Interested applicants should forward a letter of interest and a detailed CV to: email@example.com.
Applications are due on 19 September 2014. Telephonic inquiries will not be entertained.
For more about the Thohoyandou Victim Empowerment Programme, refer to www.tvep.org.za.