Themba Interactive- Initiatives for Life
Themba Interactive: is a registered not for profit organisation with a vision of a effective model of interactive theatre that enhances participatory dialogue for sustainable social development and transformation. Themba Interactive uses applied theatre to develop sustainable community dialogue, training programmes and participatory interventions to bring about social change. Themba Interactive focuses on:
- Sexual health, reproduction and wellness
- HIV and AIDS
- Human rights
Themba Interactive-Initiatives seeks to appoint a Bookings Officer, based in Gauteng.
The succesful candidate should be a vibrant and energetic individual with a passion to work with diverse communities. Themba Interactive delivers interactive performances and applied drama interventions to schools in Gauteng, correctional centres, communities and companies.
- Offer administrative and logistical support to the Theatre Company, book school and community performances, and sell income generation initiatives (performances) to corporates;
- Attend to the reception area;
- Call schools and clients to book performances;
- Make follow up phone calls to schools / communities / clients;
- Cold call corporate companies to sell IT performances;
- Develop and maintain a database of all clients / beneficiaries;
- Ensure that records are kept of all performances;
- General administration;
- Answering the phone;
- Coordinate the switchboard;
- Give general support to senior management when required to do so
Receptionist / bookings coordinator: 20 %
- Attend to the switchboard, transfer phone calls, take messages and give those messages to relevant people
- Ensure that guests are welcomed
- Ensure that the reception area is tidy at all times
- Assist senior management with general admin tasks when required to do so.
Book school/ community performance: 30 %
- Day to day administrative tasks of the organisation;
- Assist the monitoring and evaluation officer to prepare M&E tools for school performances;
- Call schools arrange performances;
- Organise and arrange all logistics to get to and from schools / communities;
- Assist with events and campaigns planned by the theatre company.
Income Generation: 30 %
- Cold call corporate clients
- Sell ITT performances
- Develop database of clients
- Arrange and schedule logistics for presentations
- Send quotations to clients
- Must have completed grade 12;
- Must be fully computer literate;
- Sales background will be advantageous;
- Command of the English language and other South African languages;
- Previous experience in community work will be added advantage
To apply, submit a CV and motivational letter to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Late applications will not be considered.
For more about Themba Interactive, refer to www.themba.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.