Thabang Children's Project
The THABANG Children’s Project is a South African private nonprofit and welfare organisation that aims to meet the needs of children affected by HIV/AIDS and poverty.
The THABANG Children’s Project seeks to appoint a Finance Manager, based in Limpopo.
S/he will establish and maintain financial and management procedures for Thabang Children’s Project. S/he will ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements as relating to the Organisation, and in conjunction with the General Manager and Board of Trustees, ensure adequate resource acquisition for the development of services.
S/he will report directly to General Manager.
- Bookkeeping of all payments, salaries, bank transfers, donations;
- File all financial reporting, bank balance sheets, invoices, pay slips;
- Monthly procedures and calculation of payments, expenses, allowances;
- Bank reconciliations for all three PROJECT bank accounts;
- Analyse the cost development, expenses/running costs for funding proposals.
- Postgraduate qualification in the related field;
- Minimum of two years experience in a financial management role;
- Work experience in South Africa will be preferred;
- Experience working with nonprofit entities will be preferred;
- Ability to work in a structured and methodical manner;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in an effort to achieve optimal results;
- Communication skills and the ability to work in a team;
- Analytical skills and problem solving ability;
- Ability to follow through on a project from execution to implementation within set timelines;
- Aptitude for figures and attention to detail;
- Computer literacy especially an intermediate level in Microsoft Excel;
- Knowledge of the Pastel programme.
To apply, submit a CV, contact detail of three referees and motivation letter to the HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the THABANG Children’s Project, refer to www.thabang.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow and support the 2012 SANGONeT "No Pain No Gain" fundraising and awareness-raising campaign. Refer to www.ngopulse.org/npng for more information.