has a Vacancy based in their offices in Johannesburg for a
Regional Operations and Programme Support Manager
The Southern African Coordinating Office of terre des hommes (TDH), Germany is a Child Aid organisation that works for the creation of a just and peaceful world for all children.
Located in Johannesburg, this office coordinates the work carried out in Southern Africa, including South Africa, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Mozambique and Namibia, where more than 50 organisations and initiatives are being assisted in the areas of child protection, education, health and nutrition and ecological rights
The Regional Operations and Programme Support Manager will support the Regional Coordinator in ensuring that the organizations’ policies and procedures are implemented with set deadlines of the highest quality, and that day-to-day operations run smoothly. Effective methods would need to be implemented and maintained in order to ensure that the organisation runs to its maximum productivity.
More specifically, the incumbent would support the procurement, risk, governance, information technology, and human resources functions for the TDH Regional office, as well as assisting with program coordination and reporting, including reporting back to the headquarters.
- Bachelor's degree in Administration, Business Administration, Finance Management or other administration / management related fields. Additional training in Project Management is a plus;
- 5-8 Years’ previous work experience in administration, operations, HR and office management and in program / project coordination and reporting and related service functions;
- Experience of working in a development environment;
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices and the analysis and reporting of financial data;
- Excellent computer skills, including Pastel, MS Office, Excel and Database software;
- Excellent writing, reporting, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proficiency in English is essential and knowledge of Portuguese would be an asset;
- Availability for occasional domestic and international travel in Southern Africa.
TDH Germany’s child safeguarding policy applies to all working areas of terre des hommes. Every employee is expected to comply with the child safeguarding standards and policies of TDH.
To apply please email a motivation letter with your CV, to:
firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, 11 June 2014.