Terre Des Hommes Germany: Accountant
Terre Des Hommes, Germany
terre des hommes Germany is an organisation concerned with children's rights in the context of development policy. The organisation works for the creation of a just and peaceful world for all children, those alive today and the generations to come. Its endeavours are based on the fundamental principles of human rights, tolerance and equal rights for all people regardless of their origin, gender and religion. It also works with autonomous partner organisations in the Southern and Northern hemisphere, with which it shares the commitment to non-violence, justice, sustainability and cultural diversity.
The Southern Africa Programme of terre des hommes Germany covers Angola, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
terre des hommes Germany seeks to appoint an Accountant, based at its Southern Africa Coordinating Office in Johannesburg.
S/he will be responsible for among others; general accounting tasks including preparing journal entries, revising balance sheet schedules, ledgers and accounts reconciliations.
- Ensure the maintenance of financial records and recordkeeping systems in compliance with terre des hommes Germany, government and donors’ regulations
- Timely review of accounts reconciliation, including sub-ledgers and bank reconciliation accounts on a monthly basis;
- Prepare and review requests for payment and seek approval from Regional Coordination;
- Close collaboration with the Finance & Admin Manager to prepare and submit the financial reports and statutory returns;
- Assist in the preparation of project monitoring visits including support and enhancing partners financial management capacity; and
- Willingness to adhere to terre des hommes Germany´s Child Protection Policy.
- Accounting diploma or degree;
- Technical accounting certification (CAT, CA);
- Three to five years accounting experience in an international NGO environment;
- Knowledge of budgeting and accounting practices of nonprofit organisations;
- Fluency in English;
- Minimum of three years experience working with a computer-based accounting software;
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about terre des hommes Germany, refer to http://tdh-southern-africa.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.