Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation
The Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA) is an international non-profit organisation established in 1983 under a joint agreement between the Africa, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) group of countries and the European Union (EU). Its mission is to advance food security, increase prosperity and encourage sound natural resource management in ACP countries. It facilitates access to information and knowledge, facilitates policy dialogue and strengthens the capacity of agricultural and rural development institutions and communities.
CTA seeks to appoint a Programme Coordinator: ICT for Development, based in Wageningen, The Netherlands.
S/he will be a member of the Policies, Markets and ICT Programme and reports to the Policies, Markets & ICT Programme Manager.
- Conceptualise, develop and implement ICT4D interventions notably on m-applications, and market information systems that will facilitate Agriculture and Rural Development (ARD) knowledge and information exchange, added efficiencies in value chains and building capacity of ACP ARD institutions and networks;
- Contribute to the annual programme of work and budget for the programme;
- Develop strong relationships with key ACP, European and international institutions working in the area of ICT for development;
- Publish and communicate key lessons to key audiences;
- Ensure high quality in the submission of partnership grant proposals;
- Lead or participate in the development of inter-programmatic projects;
- Prepare written briefs and reports;
- Manage his/her project portfolio in accordance with CTA’s policy and procedures and within budget limits;
- Engage in mobilizing additional resources to leverage CTA’s investments in partnership projects.
- Post-graduate degree in communication / ICT / informatics / information and knowledge sciences;
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience in ICTs and development;
- Experience of working in an international organisation;
- Proficiency in one of the Centre's two working languages (French or English) and a satisfactory knowledge of the other to the extent necessary for the performance of his (her) duties;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment;
- High level of communication, facilitation, presentation and listening skills;
- Team player who respects and appreciates different perspectives and cultures and demonstrates service orientation;
- Rich network of contacts;
- Organisational and planning skills.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Annual gross base salary €68 000, largely tax exempted;
- Excellent health and pension scheme;
- Generous expat package, including school fees.
Applications are invited only from citizens of the 78 African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) States as well as those of European Union Member States. CTA applies an equal opportunities policy.
To apply, submit an one-page motivational letter explaining why you qualify for this position, CV and three referees with contact details, to Mr J-C. Burguet, Head of Corporate Services Department, CTA, B P 380, 6700 AJ Wageningen, The Netherlands or email@example.com (Ref . ICT).
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Please note that only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted
For more about CTA, refer to www.cta.int.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow and support the 2012 SANGONeT "No Pain No Gain" fundraising and awareness-raising campaign. Refer to www.ngopulse.org/npng for more information and to make a donation.