Techfortrade: Partnership Manager
Techfortrade: Partnership Manager
Techfortrade is a newly-formed United Kingdom-based charity that strives to improve the incomes and livelihoods of small producers in some of the poorest world economies, by increasing opportunities to trade and to reduce the cost of production.
Techfortrade initially plans to establish a network of three to four project partnerships to test the viability of this concept. The partners will mainly be based in Eastern and Southern Africa and will be supported for up to two years in order to reach full scale and sustainable operation. The selection of partners will favour early stage social entrepreneurs already working towards developing an economically viable trading eco-system as a social business.
Techfortrade seeks to appoint a Partnership Manager, based in Kenya, Tanzania or Zambia.
S/he will report to the Chief Executive, based in London. S/he will also be responsible for planning and managing relationships with this partner community and for the development of the shared learning framework.
This is a one-year renewable contract position.
- Ensure that the organisation’s respective commitments are met;
- Ensure that partners get the support they need;
- Overall planning of the two-year trial programme involving its initial partners, including the development of the learning community;
- Work with each partner to ensure that commitments which form the basis of our partnership agreements are being met;
- Manage the organisation’s ongoing investment in its partners in line with achievement of social and business outcomes.
- Encourage partners to support and challenge each other to develop collective learning;
- Document learning as Techfortrade works with the partner community and sharing the learning through various communication channels, including conferences and seminars, publications and the website;
- Manage the relationships with other individuals and agencies that will be supporting partners as part of their agreement with Techfortrade. This may include monitoring and evaluation specialists, business coaches and mentors or consultants working on specific capacity building issues with partners;
- Provide the operational point of engagement for new partners that might join the network in the future;
- Lead an early stage business through to profitable operation;
- Coach and mentor early stage entrepreneurs;
- Develop self-managed learning communities in a business context;
- Develop of social impact measurement metrics and processes;
- Develop and manage value chains that link small producers to end markets;
- Market development initiatives working with small producers in the rural economy;
- Manage the demands of a range of different international relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree in project management or marketing qualifications or equivalent qualification;
- Programme management experience including programme design;
- Experience gained in mobile or web companies especially in areas such as business social network development, supply chain management or m-commerce;
- Roles that have involved managing the demands of a range of different international relationships;
- Ability to demonstrate from past experience that you have the ability, energy and enthusiasm to shape the role and make it yours;
- Communication skills (verbal and written);
- Organisational skills and results-oriented;
- Ability to develop a network and initiate connections and linkages within the network to the benefit of Techfortrade and the participating partners;
- Be a self-starter;
- Commitment to working ethically and with integrity.
Salary: US$60 000 per annum negotiable.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about Techfortrade, refer to www.techfortrade.org.