TB/HIV Care Association: Medical Officers
Monday, September 17, 2012 - 14:55
TB/HIV Care Association
Please note: this opportunity closing date has passed and may not be available any more.
Opportunity closing date:Thursday, January 31, 2013
The TB/HIV Care Association seeks to appoint a Medical Officers - Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC), based in Sisonke district, Nelson Mandela Bay district, Buffalo City district; West Coast district and Cape Town Metro district in Cape Town as well as in Central Karoo to Eastern Cape (Cradock, Graaff-Reiniet).
This is an exciting opportunity exists for Medical Officers to participate in a ground-breaking. HIV prevention programme focusing on voluntary medical male circumcision (VMMC). This national organisation offers a competitive total cost of employment package, commensurate with experience. These are one-year contract positions with the possibility of renewal.
VMMC service provision
- Safely provide VMMC services to clients;
- Implement VMMC service according to agreed guidelines and protocols;
- Maintain a 24-hour emergency response service.
- Ensure quality clinical care in the supported facilities;
- Participate in quality assurance and improvement visits, including responding to queries;
- Ensure adherence to infection control protocols;
- Provide on-going supervision to VMMC professional nurses;
- Prevention of new HIV and TB infections;
- Improve the diagnosis, care and adherence support for TB patients and people infected and affected by HIV;
- Build the capacity of individuals and organisations to provide optimal TB and HIV prevention and care.
- Supervise Lay Counsellors on data capturing and reporting aspects;
- Ensure that all adverse events are properly identified, recorded and reported;
- Contribute to the development of strong reporting systems and building capacity around these..
- Participate in operational research and the development and implementation of monitoring and evaluation systems to improve TB and HIV prevention and care;
- Evaluate the effectiveness and impact of the mentorship programme;
- Oversee implementation and field evaluation of new technologies (e.g., GeneXpert MTB/Rif and Pima Point of Care CD4 machine);
- Liaise with research and Department of Health partners in evaluation of activities.
- Line manage the roving VMMC team, including nurses and counsellors;
- Participate in regular meetings with other MOs;
- Report to the Clinical Manager.
- MBCHB degree;
- registration with the HPCSA;
- Dispensing licence;
- Experience in VMMC;
- Computer literate in MS Office suite
- Training, interpersonal and analytical skills;
- Ability to work under pressure, communicate at all levels and in people management;
- Valid code 8 driver’s licence;
- Ability to communicate in English, and at least one other national language (ideally Afrikaans and/or isiXhosa);
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS/TB/STI’s, Medical male circumcision, HIV prevention interventions
- initiative skills and ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse environment;
- Ability to work outside of normal working hours and travel extensively in the Metro and the West Coast.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Enquiries: Tel: 021 425 0050.
Should you not hear from us after a month of the closing date, consider your application as unsuccessful.
For more about the TB/HIV Care Association, refer to www.tbhivcare.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies..
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Facebook at http://mzan.si/AAzs.