TB/HIV Care Association
The TB/HIV Care Association is a nonprofit organisation that aims to empower communities by facilitating and providing treatment support, preventative, diagnosis, and rehabilitative services for TB and HIV clients.
The TB/HIV Care Association seeks to appoint a Medical Officer - ARV Medicine – Grade 1, based in Kokstad, Ubuhlebezwe, Ingwe or KwaSani, KwaZulu-Natal.
The TB/HIV Care Association welcome applicants for its tuberculosis (TB) and HIV programme. This project is funded by the President's Emergency Plan for Aids Relief (PEPFAR) in collaboration with the Department of Health (DOH).
This is a one-year contract position with possibility of renewal.
- Provision of quality patient centred care for all patients;
- Examine, investigate, diagnose and oversee the treatment of patients;
- Support continuous Professional Development through seminars and scheduling external meetings;
- Provide medicine related information to clinical staff as may be required;
- Participate in Community Health Programmes and ensure that relevant patient statistics are maintained to facilitate proper decision making;
- Undertake on-going care of individual patients to allow for continuity of care;
- Maintain accurate health records in accordance with legal/ethical considerations;
- Liaise with consultants when required;
- Deal with emotional, social and physical aspects of diseases;
- Provide preventative health interventions and measures to promote health;
- Handle disability grant assessments;
- Provide anti-retroviral treatment and management;
- Provide on-going medical management of patients with chronic conditions.
- MBCHB degree;
- Valid code 8 driver’s licence;
- Grade 1: Less than five years experience after registration with the HPCSA – plus proof of current registration with HPCSA as a Medical Practitioner;
- Grade 2: 5 - 10 years experience after registration with the HPCSA – plus proof of current registration with the HPCSA as a Medical Officer;
- Grade 3: More than 10 years experience after registration with the HPCSA – plus proof of current registration with the HPCSA as a Medical Officer.
- Knowledge of current health legislation and policies at public institutions;
- Excellent human relations, communication and leadership skills;
- Sound knowledge and clinical skills in paediatric care and neonatology;
- Sound knowledge of the National TB Program and ARV Programme;
- Knowledge and understanding of the Batho Pele principles;
- Good team player and a problem solver;
- Good research and presentation skills;
- Diploma in HIV clinical care – including anti retroviral therapy;
- Experience in mentoring clinicians an HIV clinical care including anti retroviral therapy for adults and children.
The TB/HIV Care Association will offer a competitive total cost of employment package, commensurate with experience.
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of three contactable references and motivation letter to Ms Shannon McCann at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 086 607 8246.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Enquiries: Prof. Harry Hausler, Tel: 021 425 0050/082 779 0045.
The following documents must be submitted:
- Certified copies of educational qualifications and proof of registration with statutory bodies (if applicable) – not the copies of certified copies;
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae;
- Certified copy of ID.
Should you do not hear from TB/HIV Care Association after a month of the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
TB/HIV Care Association is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer, whose aim is to promote representatives in all levels of occupational categories in the organisation.
For more about the TB/HIV Care Association, refer to www.tbhivcare.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.