Symphonia for South Africa (SSA)
Symphonia for South Africa (SSA) is a NPO working in the Education and Leadership Development sector, with a bold vision: Quality Education for all children in South Africa by 2022. SSA's people are key to the organisations success. The organisation works with the best and the brightest people who have something to give and who really care about delivering excellent work. In return SSA offers a relaxed, fun environment that allows employees the opportunity to improve their skills.
Symphonia for South Africa seeks to appoint a Public Relations (PR) and Media Liaison, based in Cape Town (Durbanville).
This person will assist in taking the Partners for Possibility Programme to greater heights. This individual will work hand-in-hand with the media and critical stakeholders to create a brand that is synonymous with leadership development and revolutionary education transformation. The selected candidate will also play a critical role in ensuring that the positive impacts and the success of the PfP Programme, in the schools and communities that they are situated in, are shared with a wide audience.
This is a full- time, fixed contract position. The person should have his/her own car to get to offices.
- Brand management;
- Website content management;
- Extensive media exposure;
- Liaison with multiple stakeholder groups;
- Participation in and coordination of staff participation in radio interviews, workshops and presentations;
- Design and development of print, media and digital campaigns
- Managing of corporate identity and organisational image;
- Design and implementation of communication strategies;
- Copywriting, speech writing, online marketing and advertising;
- Digital newsletters.
- Degree or equivalent tertiary qualification in journalism, marketing or communications;
- Experience in a PR, media and communications environment;
- Pre-existing relationships with media and a proven track record of experience across multiple media platforms;
- Knowledge of CSI and education leadership development would be advantageous;
- Being up to date with developments in current affairs, economics and trends in marketing and advertising would be advantageous;
- Social media and digital marketing experience;
- Ability to think strategically and creatively;
- Graphic design skills would be advantageous;
- Ability to work independently;
- Computer literacy essential;
- PDF Creation and HTML a definite advantage;
- Experience working with the Joomla website content management system would be advantageous.
Remuneration: R12 000 per month.
Important: It takes time and energy to review CVs. As much as we would love to offer everyone an opportunity to work with us because we do such great work, unfortunately we can only consider people who are an excellent fit for the role. Please, only send Symphonia for South Africa your CV if you genuinely meet the requirements for this role.
To apply, submit a three page CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
If you have not heard back from Symphonia for South Africa after two weeks, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about Symphonia for South Africa, refer to www.symphonia.net.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.