Symphonia for South Africa
Symphonia for South Africa (SSA) is a non-governmental organisation working in the education and leadership development sector currently based in Bellville, Cape Town.
Symphonia for South Africa seeks to appoint a dynamic and driven communications expert as PR and Communication Manager, based in Johannesburg.
The person will assist in taking the Partners for Possibility Programme to greater heights. This individual will work hand-in-hand with the media and critical stakeholders to create a brand that is synonymous with leadership development and revolutionary education transformation. The selected candidate will also play a critical role in ensuring that the positive impacts and the success of the PfP Programme, in the schools and communities that they are situated in, are shared with a wide audience.
- Brand management;
- Website content management;
- Extensive media exposure;
- Liaison with multiple stakeholder groups;
- Participation in and coordination of staff participation in radio interviews, workshops and presentations;
- Design and development of print, media and digital campaigns;
- Managing of corporate identity and organisational image;
- Design and implementation of communication strategies;
- Copywriting, speech writing, online marketing and advertising.
- Degree or equivalent tertiary qualification in journalism, marketing or communications;
- Experience in a PR, media and communications environment;
- Pre-existing relationships with media and a proven track record of experience across multiple media platforms;
- Knowledge of CSI and education leadership development would be advantageous;
- Being up to date with developments in current affairs, economics, and trends in marketing and advertising would be advantageous;
- Social media and digital marketing experience;
- Ability to think strategically and creatively;
- Graphic design skills would be advantageous;
- Ability to work independently;
- Computer literacy essential;
- Experience working with the Joomla website content management system would be advantageous;
- Own transport;
- Occasional travel.
Remuneration: R240 000 per annum.
To apply, submit a three page CV and salary expectations to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Should you not receive a response within two weeks, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about Symphonia for South Africa, refer to www.symphonia.net.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.