Symphonia for South Africa
Symphonia is a nonprofit organisational change practice that works with leaders to engage their stakeholders so that talent, human energy and creativity is maximised. Our mission is to ignite a sense of possibility everywhere we work.
Symphonia for South Africa seeks to appoint a person experienced in social change as Operations Manager, based in Cape Town.
This is a unique opportunity to make a real contribution to education in South Africa. Partnerships for Possibility is a ground breaking project that is already impacting 40000 children after only two years. Symphonia for South Africa is currently working with 90 principals. The potential of this position is to be a part of taking this work to the next level and making a difference for 2 000 schools in the next 10 years.
The person will take responsibility for programme delivery and organisational management.
The person should be able to lead a team and implement structures and processes for more effective working, be comfortable with financial management, have experience at planning and managing a virtual organisation. The Operational Manager will promote and organise a shared understanding of the objectives, detailed plans, desired outcomes, tasks, roles and responsibilities, day to day activities and monitors progress of the project towards the vision.
This is a full-time position.
- National programme coordination - manages launch plan and all administration in order to inform decision making and planning at national level; Implements systems and dashboards and manages the planning and roll-out of the programmes from a business perspective. Is the custodian of the project plan and action log;
- Finance – facilitate budget vs.actual expenditure, cash flow projections, provides oversight regarding the bookkeeper’s preparation of trail balances and liaises with auditor for annual audit. Oversee payments, salaries etc. Manages the finance team and works with the CFO;
- Human resources - contracting; performance reviews; capacity planning for programme roll-out and operational events;
- Monitoring and evaluation (M&E) – ensures that M&E processes are used and integrated into the organisation;
- Legal and compliance – manage NPO compliance, auditor processes and any other compliance issues that are critical to and NPO and its funding.
- Relevant tertiary education qualification, preferably finance related or with significant financial experience;
- Experience in project management;
- Ability to work comfortably and effectively in a virtual environment;
- High EQ and is able to deal with ambiguity and complexity;
- Ability to stay calm when things get busy and to hold clear boundaries;
- Organised and efficient;
- Capable using computers and technologies that enable virtual working;
- Have “can do” attitude and believes that things are possible and can be worked out;
- Good track record of volunteering.
Salary: R360 000 per annum.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Candidates who do not hear back from Symphonia for South Africa should consider their application unsuccessful.
For more about Symphonia for South Africa, refer to www.symphonia.net.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.