Contract duration: Three-Year Renewable Contract
Salary: R160 000 to R200 000 per annum (cost to company)
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng
The national bursary agency, Studietrust (NPO 000-601), has a vacancy at its Johannesburg office. Studietrust (est. 1974) fights poverty, ignorance and exploitation by granting & administering study bursaries to young South Africans with academic potential but without the financial means to further their studies.
Studietrust also offers a comprehensive but sustainable psycho-social support programme to bursary and NSFAS loan recipients.
Studietrust seeks to appoint a Student Support and Mentor Programme Coordinator to work from its head office in Braamfontein, Johannesburg. The successful candidate will report to the Projects Manager, working as a member of a mentoring team and liaise with donors, financial aid offices at educational institutions and bursary and loan recipients.
The ideal candidate would have a passion for assisting young people to realise their potential, have completed a first degree or national diploma at a South African tertiary institution, with a proven record of having efficient organisation and co-ordination skills, be self-driven and able to work independently while also being a good team player. The successful candidate will collate information from various data sources and prepare quarterly reports to funders and oversee follow-up interventions where needed. Excellent project management, co-ordination, problem solving , IT and inter-personal skills would also be required.
- Having completed a first degree or national diploma at a South African tertiary institution;
- 2-3 years project management & people management experience;
- Well organised, disciplined, self-motivated; professional and mature;
- Strong communication skills;
- Proven record of being able to work in a team with high levels of adaptability;
- Valid driver's license is critical;
- Experience in higher education support programmes will be an added advantage;
- Experience in working in the South African Education and NGO sector will be an added advantage;
- Very high levels of computer literacy skills: Word, Outlook & Advanced Excel.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Co-ordinate the planning and implementation of student support and mentoring projects;
- Design & evaluate support and mentoring interventions for bursary and loan beneficiaries;
- Define project tasks and resource requirements;
- Develop full scale project plans;
- Plan and schedule project timelines & ensure adherence & intervention where needed;
- Track project deliverables using appropriate tools in collaboration with team members;
- Constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to the Projects Manager and regularly prepare detailed reports to donors and partners;
- Implement project changes and interventions agreed with the Projects Manager to achieve project outputs;
- Develop and maintain a detailed project schedule which includes administrative tasks and regular visits to all sites involved in the project;
- Participate in team meetings;
- Co-ordinate meetings & interactions with students;
- Manage the project budget in liaison with the Projects Manager.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter, indicating remuneration requirements, and the names of three contactable references, to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 086 603 5604. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.