Stop Stock Outs Project (SA HIV Clinician's Society, TAC, MSF, RHAP, RUDASA, SECTION27)
The Stop Stock outs Project (SSP) is a collaboration of several organisations dedicated to improving health in South Africa. Our goal is to ensure reliable availability and access to medicines and medical supplies in South Africa.
The SSP arose out of the founding organisations’ increasing concerns regarding stock outs in South Africa. We aim to collect reliable data on stock outs to be plugged into the SSP’s interventions; develop a better understanding or the causes of stock outs; raise awareness and foster understanding of stock outs and their causes; advocate for targeted, strategic solutions to specific stock outs and work with government, civil society and other stakeholders to improve supply chain management and halt the ongoing scourge of stock outs.
The SSP is a collaboration of:
- The Treatment Action Campaign
- The Rural Health Advocacy Project
- Médecines Sans Frontières
- Rural Doctors’ Association of Southern Africa
- Southern African HIV Clinicians Society
The SSP seeks to appoint an enthusiastic Project Manager - Stop Stock Outs Project, based in South Africa.
The person will develop the project into an independent and self-funded NGO that ensures reliable availability and access to medicines across South Africa. The SSP Project Manager will lead this process, by managing the various strategic and operational components of the SSP. The ideal candidate is a manager who thrives in a high pace and dynamic environment and who is comfortable with and experienced in the application of various advocacy strategies, often under pressing deadlines. He/she engages effectively with various partner organisations, high-level government officials as well as users of the health care system. A familiarity with medicines, medical supplies and the public health system is essential. A person of high integrity and a firm commitment to social justice.
The two main responsibilities are the further development of the SSP as an organization and to lead on the implementation of SSP’s strategic objectives. This includes the full cycle of project management, internal and external communication, including with the media, organisational development and fundraising.
How you will work
- Day to day support and oversight is provided by the CEO of the hosting organization and the Acting Programme Head.
- The Project Manager will report periodically to a steering committee comprised of dedicated members of each founding organisation.
- The Project Manager will supervise a SSP Project Officer who is primarily responsible for capturing, verifying, analysing and reporting stock outs data. This person’s job description is copied below.
- The Project Manager’s primary place of business will be in Johannesburg in the office of one of the founding organisations.
- Postgraduate qualification in one of the following fields: health management, public health, health economics, medicine, pharmacy or a related field preferred;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Experience in fundraising and willingness to undertake fundraising duties;
- Willingness to travel within South Africa;
- The ability work independently and be a self-starter;
- Project management and implementation skills;
- Networking skills and the ability to build long-term working relationships with a number of stakeholders, including the government;
- Analytical skills;
- Experience and interest in activism and advocacy;
- Local languages are desired;
- Ability to manage a complex work environment with multiple upward reports.
Salary and terms of employment, and will be annual cost to company package of up to R504 000 depending on experience and qualifications.
This is a one-year renewable dependent on funding and performance.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
This post is only open to those eligible for employment in South Africa (must hold citizenship, permanent residency or an existing unconditional work permit)
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the Stop Stock outs Project, refer to www.stockouts.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.