Stellenbosch University: Programme Coordinator
Thursday, July 26, 2012 - 13:37
Please note: this opportunity closing date has passed and may not be available any more.
Opportunity closing date:Friday, August 10, 2012
S2S Programme for Comprehensive Family HIV Care & Treatment seeks to appoint a Programme Coordinator, based at Tygerberg Campus, Stellenbosch.
This is a position in the programme implementation capacity − not in the research or academic capacity.
Job Ref: TGB14/228/0712
The Programme Coordinator will work with the Programme Directors to support the development, implementation, and monitoring of the programme objectives. S/he will be responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of technical efforts and field activities by coordinating programme information and providing programmatic, administrative, financial and logistical support for the programme.
- Providing administrative support in the development, implementation, and monitoring of programme objectives;
- Coordinating the development of training manuals, guidelines, job aids, newsletters and/or brochures, as appropriate to the programme;
- Maintaining a library of all relevant programme records and information;
- Coordinating the preparation of scheduled and special reports;
- Supporting annual work plan and operational plan development, including budgets;
- Acting as liaison between the Programme Director, funders and partners;
- Supporting the processing of finance activities such as consultancies, contracts and sub-agreements;
- Working co-operatively with the S2S Technical Team to provide an effective communication network;
- Attending relevant meetings on behalf of the programme;
- Reviewing activities for compliance with University and funder policies and procedures;
- Co-ordinating conference calls, travel and other administrative activities;
- Preparing procurement requests for good/services that require prior funding agency approval;
- Carrying out other relevant tasks, as necessary.
- Three or more years’ related experience working in the field of international health, family planning or development;
- Proven ability to ensure high quality programme outcomes;
- Experience working with the United States Government or other bilateral donors, especially USAID;
- Ability to work independently and in a team;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- The ability to effectively build and maintain relationships with others;
- Exceptional organisational skills with a strong ability to multitask and prioritise deadlines and assignments;
- Detail oriented;
- Strong analytical thinking skills;
- Ability to quickly assess and identify issues that need to be addressed;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Motivated, cheerful, outgoing, professional, organised and approachable;
- Computer literacy with the ability to use Windows, MS Office, WP, and Excel as well as knowledge of e-mail and all standard office equipment;
- The ability to lift and carry heavy loads;
- Willingness to travel 30% of the time.
- Bachelor’ss degree;
- Background in co-ordination and administration;
- Experience in HIV/AIDS Paediatric care and treatment, PMTCT and TB/HIV programme coordination;
- Project management and developing country experience is highly desirable.
Apply online, refer to http://www.sun.ac.za/vacancies.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Enquiries regarding job content: Carin du Toit, Tel: 021 918 4380.
Enquiries regarding remuneration and benefits: Human Resources Division, Tygerberg Campus, Tel: 021 938 9636.
The University will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity Plan, which acknowledges the need to diversify the demographic composition of the staff corps, especially with regard to the appointment of suitable candidates from the designated groups.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Should you no get a feedback from the University within four weeks of the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about the University of Stellenbosch, refer to www.sun.ac.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies..
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Facebook at http://mzan.si/AAzs.