Starfish Greathearts Foundation: Finance Officer
The Starfish Greathearts Foundation
The Starfish Greathearts Foundation seeks to appoint a Finance Officer, based in Rivonia, Johannesburg.
S/he will report to the Financial Manager and will be responsible for all donor reporting, as well as providing technical (accounting) support to the Community Based Organisations (CBOs).
- Prepare and process payment requisitions;
- Prepare cash book and general ledger reconciliations;
- Prepare and submit monthly and ad hoc donor reports;
- Receipt and review of CBO financial data and preparation of their reports;
- Development and implementation of financial controls for CBOs;
- Assist with CBO budget development and monitoring;
- Liaison with key stakeholders.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in finance;
- BCom will be preferred;
- Minimum of two years experience in financial accounting;
- Excellent knowlwdge of Microsoft Excel;
- Working knowledge of Pastel accounting software;
- Experience in donor reporting;
- Understanding of the NGO sector;
- Attention to detail;
- Deadline driven;
- Team player;
- Strong accounting skills.
Only applications from South African citizens will be considered.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to Elizabeth Terblans at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only candidates meeting the minimum qualifications will be considered and shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about Starfish, refer to www.starfishcharity.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.