Starfish Greathearts Foundation: Bookkeeper
Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 20:57
The Starfish Greathearts Foundation
Please note: this opportunity closing date has passed and may not be available any more.
Opportunity closing date:Wednesday, May 9, 2012
The Starfish Greathearts Foundation seeks to appoint a Bookkeeper, based in Rivonia, Johannesburg.
S/he will report to the Financial Manager and will ensure all financial transactions are accurately recorded and reported, regular cash flow reports are prepared and submitted and fixed asset register is maintained.
- Process payments, receipts and cash books;
- Ensure donor compliance on all payments;
- Prepare cash book and general ledger reconciliations;
- Manage intercompany account;
- Prepare and update cash flow reports;
- Compile monthly reports for payroll;
- Ensure all assets are tagged and recorded on fixed asset register;
- Responsible for statutory secretarial compliance.
- Tertiary qualification in finance;
- BCom will be preferred;
- Minimum of three years experience in financial accounting;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
- Work knowledge of Pastel accounting software;
- Experience in the NGO sector;
- Understanding of the NGO sector;
- Attention to detail;
- Deadline driven;
- Team player;
- Strong accounting skills.
Only applications from South African citizens will be considered.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to Elizabeth Terblans at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only candidates meeting the minimum qualifications will be considered and shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about Starfish, refer to www.starfishcharity.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow and support the 2012 SANGONeT "No Pain No Gain" fundraising and awareness-raising campaign. Refer to www.ngopulse.org/npng for more information.