Star For Life
Star For Life (SFL) - Southern Africa is a nonprofit making organisation whose mission is to inspire young people to value learning, acquire the knowledge and skills they need for productive work, and live healthy and meaningful lives. The Project is based on universal approaches, where a school has been identified as one of the most suitable sites for an intervention that address challenges facing young people.
SFL seeks to appoint two Life Skills Coaches, based in Okahandja and Windhoek.
The successful candidates should be energetic and passionate.
- Increase awareness and understanding of reproductive and sexual health including HIV/AIDS;
- Initiate campaigns in schools such as, HIV and AIDS, drugs and alcohol awareness, anti- pregnancy etc;
- Advocate for change in mind set, attitude and sexual behaviour amongst learners;
- Educate, Inform and counsel learners, educators and parents (where necessary) on health related matters including HIV / AIDS, using a combination of one-on-one counselling and coaching sessions, group motivational talks and practical activities as well as experiential workshops;
- Identify appropriate themes and arrange resources and materials that will have impact on implementation of various SFL programmes;
- Emphasise the importance of dreams;
- Do home visits.
- Degree level credential in Psychology / Social Work or social science related field;
- Two years' experience in similar work. Good communication skills and be willing and able to conduct oneself as an integral member of the Star for Life team;
- Good time management skills, to meet deadlines, self-driven, working with;
- Minimal supervision, paying attention to detail;
- Strong values and principles;
- Demonstrate a positive and friendly attitude;
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Valid code B Driver’s licence.
To apply, submit a CV and written application along with relevant qualifications to the Star for Life office 10 Newton Street opposite the Windhoek showground. All applications should be submitted to the Country Manager, Evelina Kalenga at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Enquiries: Ngula Mbindawina, Tel: 061 264 800.
For more about Star For Life, refer to www.starforlife.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.