The Southern Africa Institute of Fundraising
The Southern Africa Institute of Fundraising (SAIF) is a member-based, nonprofit fundraising association of individuals who are responsible for generating resources that will advance sustainability of good causes and various nonprofit organisations.
The Southern Africa Fundraising Awards, due to be launched in early 2013, aims to give recognition to and celebrate the best fundraisers in Southern Africa as well as to inspire and promote fundraising on a global platform. The Awards will be organised as a component of the SAIF National Convention 2013, in associated with the Resource Alliance’s Global Fundraising Awards. It will add a different dimension to the conference and further leverage when sending proposals to potential sponsors.
SAIF seeks to appoint a passionate and experienced individual as Special Projects Officer, based in Johannesburg, possibly Cape Town. Candidates should note that this is a half-day position with a monthly salary of R7 000 per month.
The successful candidate would be responsible for the on-going success and coordination of the convention and awards programmes. SAIF’s goal is to increase public awareness of success stories and examples of giving in Southern Africa to inspire other fundraisers, donors and organisations.
The person will have a strong interest in convention planning, coordination and implementation of Southern Africa Fundraising Awards. S/he will be responsible for the overall success of SAIF meeting its objectives to host a bi-annual convention and a fundraising awards programme.
S/he will report to the Convention Committee and directly report to its Chairperson.
Key relationships: S/he will work jointly with the SAIF national co-ordinator, the National Secretary, Convention Committee Members and report directly to the Chairperson of the Convention Committee.
The person is expected to have awareness of the significant contribution made by a strong and independent civil society in creating a better world for all. It is also essential that candidates understand the contribution of building capacity for the sustainability of the non-profit sector and the importance of working with the media and hosting successful conferences:
- Assist with the coordination and management of the SAIF bi-annual convention and annual fundraising awards project;
- Strong management and administration skills that will include project management, securing sponsorships, fundraising, financial controls and long-term planning with the SAIF Convention Committee & National Council;
- Assist the committee in programme planning for the convention and management of the local and international speakers’ profiles and topics;
- Control and manage all entries for the Awards (in Southern Africa);
- Excellent communication and public relations skills with the media and the public, NPO’s, business and government departments in order to promote the aims of SAIF and the purpose of the Southern Africa Fundraising Awards;
- Ability to develop quality marketing materials;
- Ability to manage time effectively and to work to deadlines;
- Ability to work well with others, under pressure and have a flexible approach.
This is a short-term contract, part-time (25 hours per week) up to the end of November 2013 with an option for renewal based on performance and raising necessary donor funding. The successful candidate may be required to work outside of normal office hours, during weekends and must be prepared to travel, within the reasonable demands of the position.
Remuneration: R7 000 per month.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
No applications will be received after 28 October 2012.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about the Southern Africa Institute of Fundraising, refer to www.saifundraising.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.