The South African Red Cross Society (SARCS)
The South African Red Cross Society (SARCS) is part of the world's largest humanitarian organisation. With 100 million members, staff and volunteers, the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement has a truly global reach and presence in 186 countries across the world. The organisation's mission is to render services to prevent and alleviate human suffering and to foster human dignity in all communities by addressing the basic needs of the people in accordance with the fundamental principles of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
SARCS seeks to appoint a Finance and Administration Officer, based in Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal.
The person will ensure accountability and effective and efficient operations of the Pietermaritzburg branch.
- Financial reporting, budget monitoring, cash books, stock control, asset management, procurement and petty cash with the ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure;
- Good reporting and writing skills to provide secretarial and administrative support, including typing, minute taking, maintaining a proper filing system, switchboard duties, etc;
- Should be able to work on an accounting package such as Pastel Accounting;
- Ability to write up books to trial balance and assist with the preparation for audits;
- Payments to be done on Business Banking (Standard Bank);
- Reconciliation of working advances;
- Invoicing and debtors control;
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Formal qualification in accounting (preferably three years) with experience in similar position;
- Valid code 8 driver’s licence with minimum 12 months experience with no endorsement (manual);
- Computer literacy including experience in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Access, Excel and Outlook;
- Well organised and diligent and able to work under no supervision;
- Good people skills and communication skills (both verbal and written) in at least two of the provincial.
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of three referees to Ms C Pillay at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 086 270 9623.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Employment will be effected in terms of the Employment Equity Act and in terms of SARCS Human Resource Manual.
For more about the South African Red Cross Society, refer to www.redcross.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.