The South African Red Cross Society
The South African Red Cross Society (SARCS) is part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, which is the world's largest humanitarian network. The Movement is neutral and impartial, and provides protection and assistance to people affected by disasters and conflicts.
SARCS seeks to appoint a Branch Finance Officer, based in Brakpan, Gauteng.
This is a one-year contract renewable.
- Capture receipts and payments, general ledger journals and month end procedures for submission to Provincial and National Office;
- Prepare accurate balance sheet reconciliations;
- Prepare Branch monthly pack;
- Coordinate and manage procurement in line with Society Procedures;
- Process and reconcile invoices;
- Effect payments and monthly reconciliation of cash books;
- Maintain and balance petty cash;
- Maintain fixed asset register and assist in the control of printing and stationery;
- Maintain and control creditors;
- Prepare audit files;
- Ensure accurate and up-to-date filing for easy access;
- Consolidate management reports from Local Committees and Branch for Provincial and National Office;
- Draft financial reports for the National Office;
- Draft Branch budgets;
- Carry out other duties as instructed by the Branch Manager.
- Diploma in accounting or related field;
- Experience working for a humanitarian organisation will be an advantage;
- Practical experience at bookkeeper level;
- Strong Computer literacy in Pastel/Navision, Microsoft Windows, Spreadsheets and PowerPoint; Ability to work efficiently under tight deadlines with competing demands;
- Integrity, discretion and personal conduct;
- Flexible, adaptable, good interpersonal skills, self motivated with good judgement and initiative;
- Valid driver’s licence.
Salary: R96 000 per annum, cost total to company.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to the Branch Manager, Mmamoko Tloubatla at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Should you not hear from SARCS within 14 days, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about the Red Cross & Red Crescent Movement’s humanitarian work, refer to www.redcross.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow and support the 2012 SANGONeT "No Pain No Gain" fundraising and awareness-raising campaign. Refer to www.ngopulse.org/npng for more information.