South African Red Cross Society: Branch Finance Officer
Tuesday, May 8, 2012 - 15:12
The South African Red Cross Society
Please note: this opportunity closing date has passed and may not be available any more.
Opportunity closing date:Wednesday, May 16, 2012
SARCS seeks to appoint a Branch Finance Officer, based in Umzimkhulu, Port Shepstone, Pietermaritzburg and Newcastle in KwaZulu-Natal.
- Capture receipts and payments, general ledger journals and month end procedures for submission to provincial and national office;
- Preparation of accurate balance sheet reconciliations;
- Preparation of Branch monthly pack;
- Coordinate and manage procurement in line with Society Procedures;
- Process and reconcile invoices;
- Effect payments;
- Reconciliation of cash books monthly;
- Maintain and balance petty cash;
- Maintain fixed asset register;
- Assist in the control of printing and stationery;
- Maintain and control creditors;
- Preparation of audit files;
- Ensure accurate and up-to-date filing for easy access;
- Consolidate management reports from local committees and branch for provincial and national office;
- Draft financial reports
- Drafting of Branch budgets;
- Carry out other duties as instructed by the Branch Manager.
- Diploma in accounting or related field and sound practical experience at bookkeeper level;
- Strong computer literacy in Pastel/Navision, Windows, spreadsheets and Microsoft PowerPoint;
- Ability to work efficiently under tight deadlines with competing demands;
- High degree of integrity, discretion and personal conduct;
- Flexible, adaptable, good interpersonal skills, self-motivated with good judgement and initiative;
- Valid driver’s licence;
- Experience working for a humanitarian organisation will be an advantage.
To apply, submit a CV (maximum three pages) and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 086 2709 623.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the South African Red Cross Society, refer to www.redcross.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.