South African Institute for Distance Education
South African Institute for Distance Education's (Saide) recently established, innovative African Storybook Project aims to support early literacy development through creating and stimulating the use of a website and digital library of openly licensed local language stories for the first few years of reading.
Founded in 1992 as an educational Trust, Saide strives to increase access to quality cost-effective education through the use of open learning approaches, quality distance education strategies and appropriate technology in South Africa and the African region.
Saide seeks to appoint a Senior Project Administrator (ASP) to be based at our offices in Braamfontein, Johannesburg. This is a part-time contract position until the end of December 2016.
The incumbent will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Project Leader, and relevant team leaders in the efficient running of the African Storybook Project.
- Strong experience in project administration for distributed projects;
- An appropriate qualification of at least NQF level 5;
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- A high level of computer literacy (proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook) is required;
- A high level of reliability, maturity, and commitment to the position;
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and competing workloads.
The responsibilities include:
- Maintaining project plans and tools (reports and budgets);
- Maintaining knowledge management structures for the project;
- Ensuring that project meetings and workshop arrangements are made timeously;
- Oversight of the work of the Project Officer and Receptionist in performing duties related to the project.
Remuneration: Commensurate with skills and experience
To apply, submit a written one page motivation, CV and the names and contact details of three work-related referees to Maureen Madonsela at email@example.com.; Tel: 011 403 2813.
For more about Saide, refer to www.saide.org.za.